House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Squeezed Middle Are 11 Million In The Uk

What will they do?

They'll vote for lower taxes.

Most of their state handouts have now been removed, so without anything personally to lose they'll want to see the welfare state rolled back and the savings put back into their pockets.

What will they do?

Filter the calls and text messages, spout the same $hit we've heard for the last 4 years, god i detest 5 Live :rolleyes:

Filter the calls and text messages, spout the same $hit we've heard for the last 4 years, god i detest 5 Live :rolleyes:

Not so, I've been on air once, been invited on air a couple more times and had my texts read out numerous times. They're not obliged to read out every text though.

Have you tried contributing ?

Edited by exiges

Not so, I've been on air once, been invited on air a couple more times and had my texts read out numerous times.

Have you tried contributing ?

Yes i have, but i don't tend to text what they want to hear :D

Exactly nothing.

I work for an American employer and am looking for a move to US. Might as well jump on the bottom of their HPC if UK is too homeownerist and nimbyist to allow it to happen naturally here.

Edited by BlinkTooFast

Yes i have, but i don't tend to text what they want to hear :D

Although I don't mind 5-live, and I think this series "we're all in it together" has been really good, you have a great point here. It's very important for people to understand that audience driven content is in no way democratic. On national shows the number of people contacting them will always be many time the number of items they can air. The host will then have to select a subset of possible contributors. Best case they are impartial and select a subset that reflects the whole quite well, but there will be unconscious biases. Worst case they have an agenda and filter the contributors accordingly.

I think we see the latter very often, and this should not be forgotten. It is good to see a radio programme actually going into some depth on government spending though, by doing one issue per week. I think this is far more ambitious than most other coverage.