House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Preacherman

Tennants That Put Holes In The Walls

Don't know if anyone has posted a link to this blog before but it is hilarious. Basically BTL with ambitions to become a property millionaire rants and moans about how hard his tenants make his life. http://www.propertyi...tproject.co.uk/

For example read this rant about tenants that have the audacity to drill holes in the wall.

http://www.propertyi...es-in-the-wall/

The poor tenant hadn't been given chance to rectify the damage before the landlord started on him. It also appears the landlord couldn't be bothered to supply curtain rails.

Don't know if anyone has posted a link to this blog before but it is hilarious. Basically BTL with ambitions to become a property millionaire rants and moans about how hard his tenants make his life. http://www.propertyi...tproject.co.uk/

For example read this rant about tenants that have the audacity to drill holes in the wall.

http://www.propertyi...es-in-the-wall/

The poor tenant hadn't been given chance to rectify the damage before the landlord started on him. It also appears the landlord couldn't be bothered to supply curtain rails.

For some landlords, the ideal tenant is an ATM machine (that's wiped its feet)

The LL didnt think to take the lid off the washing machine (a few screws most of the time) and then use the inside lip to lift it more easily.

I didn't know you could do that either, even having seen removals teams move washing machines the hard way

actually, the comments suggest this is a serious post, the language used and attitude of the poster suggests he is a bit thick, why should I be surprised

The LL didnt think to take the lid off the washing machine (a few screws most of the time) and then use the inside lip to lift it more easily.

It's still going to weigh half a ton!

tim

I didn't know you could do that either, even having seen removals teams move washing machines the hard way

actually, the comments suggest this is a serious post, the language used and attitude of the poster suggests he is a bit thick, why should I be surprised

Yep, I would agree he's a bit thick. An easy solution to move a washing machine is to walk it, a technique I used last month when my old machine packed up. Besides what idiot doesn't realize that a washing machine has a big lump of concrete in it?

I wouldn't risk hurting my back.

I have watched my landlord struggling with heavy items, but it's his choice.

When I owned a house I always got a 'man and a van' to do jobs like that.

But typical LL, trying to save a few quid by doing a job themselves which they were obviously incapable of doing on their own.

He should have left the washing machine and arranged for (paid for) it to be removed safely - critisising the tennant for not helping is a bit childish.

What exactly would have happened had the tennant hurt themselves providing the assistance?

Yes but this is a poor struggling BTLer who can't afford to hire a man & van.

But typical LL, trying to save a few quid by doing a job themselves which they were obviously incapable of doing on their own.

He should have left the washing machine and arranged for (paid for) it to be removed safely - critisising the tennant for not helping is a bit childish.

What exactly would have happened had the tennant hurt themselves providing the assistance?

pretty much - why should the tennant help? It's the BTLr's 'investment', tough.

Funny - I just looked up 'Irony' in the dictionary, and that thread came up..

no, LLs have a choice to be a landlord, free will etc, tennante have little choice, so the inferred comparison is flawed - LLs do not deserve compassion for business risk

Stupid idiot. I love the attitude that the rent is free money, land lording is your job for which you are grotesquely overpaid, move the washing machine yourself. What tenant would help with that? Oh yes sir doff cap doff cap, thank you for pricing me out of home ownership and forcing me to live as a nomad with no hope of a family or stability for the rest of my life, here let me serve you more at further personal expense to myself in the form of a back injury. Jesus, he actually expected that.

no, LLs have a choice to be a landlord, free will etc, tennante have little choice, so the inferred comparison is flawed - LLs do not deserve compassion for business risk

To be fair I was refering more to a LL* claiming a tenant doesn't have compassion or soul..

(* As we all know, LLs are renowned for their compassion and soul - ask any renting family whose had their home sold from under them).

To be fair I was refering more to a LL* claiming a tenant doesn't have compassion or soul..

(* As we all know, LLs are renowned for their compassion and soul - ask any renting family whose had their home sold from under them).

OK ;)

holes-in-walls4.jpg

Damn those pesky tenants wanting do do things like making a bedroom habitable with curtains/blinds.

Isn't that palm/coconut tree outside a risk to the foundations, as well as impinging on the light? tongue.gif

Unless this saddo landlord has had to search the internet for images to prove his point.

A removal team would have used a trolley. The obvious thing is to try and remove the breeze blocks within it. It is this which gives it most of its weight!! I kid you not.

The knobs on our pos gas cooker are all blank - the numbers have worn off. Rather than order us a new set for about £15, the landlord has helpfully suggested that we 'write some new ones on in pen'. :blink:

Though he's been a gem generally, no interference, holes drilled everywhere, decorated how we like, minor improvements, cats, plus rent not been put up since we moved in 6 years ago - and that after negotiating a reduction of £50pcm when we moved in..

Hate to mention this now but this is seen as an 'authority site' in terms of landlord advice and tips. It has a page rank of 5 and will rank well in google for anyone searching on those keywords.

He is making a few bob (not a great amount I suspect but is earning nonetheless) from the adverts he has placed on their the Rightmove one is an example.

Always worth having a glance at the backlinks for these sorts of sites see where it leads you. In this case some of them are too knobheads who are trying to flog off property for many times its real value....who may opr may not be associated with the original site owner.

Linking pattern

Hate to mention this now but this is seen as an 'authority site' in terms of landlord advice and tips. It has a page rank of 5 and will rank well in google for anyone searching on those keywords.

He is making a few bob (not a great amount I suspect but is earning nonetheless) from the adverts he has placed on their the Rightmove one is an example.

Always worth having a glance at the backlinks for these sorts of sites see where it leads you. In this case some of them are too knobheads who are trying to flog off property for many times its real value....who may opr may not be associated with the original site owner.

Linking pattern

The author of the site is also the owner of a web design business (brightcherry.co.uk) so he clearly has a bit of internet savvy even if he is lacking as a professional landlord,