House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gigantic Purple Slug

Cats

Eloquently explains why people have dogs instead of cats.:rolleyes:

I reckon I can get a dog in a pickle jar!

My friend's dog get into silly places! :huh:

I reckon I can get a dog in a pickle jar!

My friend's dog get into silly places! :huh:

I meant real dogs, not stupid 'rats-on-a-rope!!!

I hereby challenge you to get my greyhound into a pickle jar!!!:D

I salute you!

Greyhounds are really nice, and clever too!

He still tries to get in pickle jars though! :huh:

Eloquently explains why people have dogs instead of cats.:rolleyes:

Really? I'm not sure I've ever had it convincingly explained to me why people have dogs or cats!

It's a toss up as to which is more of a nuisance to those who don't own them (yappy dogs; cats who spread their nuisance throughout the neighbourhood and probably beyond), but as to why people choose to own cats or dogs is still a mystery to me! ;)

get me a two-way to china and i'll sort that for you.

i'll even bring back the wok!

Really? I'm not sure I've ever had it convincingly explained to me why people have dogs or cats!

It's a toss up as to which is more of a nuisance to those who don't own them (yappy dogs; cats who spread their nuisance throughout the neighbourhood and probably beyond), but as to why people choose to own cats or dogs is still a mystery to me! ;)

In my experience, it's a familial / generational thing - if you grew up with dogs/ cats a house seems somehow empty without one; if you didn't then sharing your living space with a semi-wild animal just seems weird.

Also - in young women, displaced maternal instinct (enthusiasm for having lots of pets takes a major dive if you've got 3 kids under 5!)

in the elderly, a cure for loneliness.

sick ******ers

i'd like to squeeze their heads into a 1l tetrapack.

and if you'd like to know watch it again, the cat goes into the bag, every other shot the 'item' is already around the cats head.

http://www.independe...ier-433184.html

Ten reasons why Dogs are better than cats.

http://www.amazingdo...tter-than-cats/

I will add my own dog is so friendly I often speak to total strangers who have been cheered up after meeting him whilst out walking, he seems to put a smile of peoples faces with his waggy tail wagging his body act. Even people who are scared of dogs dont feel threatened by him and will take him out for a walk for example so he's been a hit with all my neighbours when I lived on a new build estate in Norwich which in turn makes it very easy to make friends with your neighbours in a situation like that and same goes for here where I am now.

Some people who know and see him reguarly also give him special dispensation for some of his human-like behaviour like getting up on the sofa. I put his intelligence down to having some collie in him as he's a hybrid and I think its best to say he knows how to play people in a good way. :D

You also wouldnt believe he had been in the dogs trust twice before I got him so he's turned out ok and also passed the PAT dog test as well.

My dog is big and people a;re intimidated for a nanosecond, until he sits in front of them to ask for a cuddle.

sick ******ers

i'd like to squeeze their heads into a 1l tetrapack.

and if you'd like to know watch it again, the cat goes into the bag, every other shot the 'item' is already around the cats head.

Nah, the owner didn't do anything. Maru is a curious playful Japanese cat... And a Youtube star.

In my experience, it's a familial / generational thing - if you grew up with dogs/ cats a house seems somehow empty without one; if you didn't then sharing your living space with a semi-wild animal just seems weird.

Just to ever-so-slightly increase the statistical significance of your experience:

As a child, my family had pets, including goldfish, budgies, tortoises and a dog. As an adult, I've never had pets of any kind.