House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the_dork

References Info

I want to cover up a six month position I had and moved on from by saying I was with another employer for an extra 6 months. I'm presuming that references ask what job position was and what date of employment was, but is it common for them to be always from the most recent 2/3 employers?

Dicey. A lot of employers giving references are so edgy about legal comebacks that the dates of employment are about ALL they disclose!

As he says, but then because there is so little useful information in references these days, a lot of places are not bothering to even take up references that you offer.

The place I am about to join for my new job is probably rare in that they have not bothered to contact either referee I gave them (including my current employer). 2 or 3 jobs back you can "forget" about the 6 month wrong turn and blag it if anyone says anything.

Also, consider adding an extra "personal" referee so that you need one less "previous employer" referee. Could you cover the gap that way?