House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ologhai Jones

So, Brown Is A Volvo

Having established that Brown is a Volvo (or, at least, some people seem to think so), what makes of car would you associate with Blair, Mandelson, Balls or Harman? For that matter, what about Clegg, Cable, Cameron, Osborne or Pickles?

Any thoughts on good matches between car brands and politicians?

Having established that Brown is a Volvo (or, at least, some people seem to think so), what makes of car would you associate with Blair, Mandelson, Balls or Harman? For that matter, what about Clegg, Cable, Cameron, Osborne or Pickles?

I'm pretty sure Mandelson is brown 1972 Toyota Crown Coupe!

Cameron might ba a Van-den-Plas Allegro!

Vince is a Wolseley 6/110.

I see Brown more as a Morris Marina or Austin Allegro. Cameron? One of those people carriers you see on the High street. Clegg - a 2cv - you remember the old days with affection, but useless in the modern world.

Blair is an Alfasud.

Looks good, smooth, but rotten underneath and you wouldn't want to rely on it.

Blair is an Alfasud.

Looks good, smooth, but rotten underneath and you wouldn't want to rely on it.

Funny, I had one of those with the "sunshine floor" too!

I do like the thought of Mr Cameron as an "anonymous people carrier" as Trampa suggests!

So bland you don't even remember what make it is, or indeed which party he represents!

Blair, Brown, Mandleson, Harman, Cooper, Blunkett, all Decepticons cars.

The Decepticons are a malevolent race, brutal and merciless. The Decepticons are led by a single undeviating goal: total domination.

Gordon Brown...definitely a Ford Edsel.

The Edsel was a marque of car manufactured by the Ford Motor Company during the 1958, 1959, and 1960 model years.

The Edsel never gained popularity with contemporary American car buyers and sold poorly.

Consequently, the Ford Motor Company lost millions of dollars on the Edsel's development, manufacture, and marketing. The name "Edsel" has since become synonymous with failure :lol:

It gets better! The similarities to Gordon Brown carry on...

Wikipedia...

Marketing experts hold the Edsel up as a supreme example of the corporate culture’s failure to understand American consumers. Business analysts cite the weak internal support for the product inside Ford’s executive offices. According to author and Edsel scholar Jan Deutsch, the Edsel was "the wrong car at the wrong time."

My Thoughts...

I forgot to add the Edsel was PIG UGLY as well!

I forgot to add the Edsel was PIG UGLY as well!

It was said the Edsel had a radiator grille that looked like a vagina!

They sell for big bucks now!

Great marketing move!

I'm pretty sure Mandelson is brown 1972 Toyota Crown Coupe!

I like those old Toyotas. :)

I would have had Mandelson down as a Jeep Wrangler.

Ed Balls would be a BMW X6 - Odious and large.

Ed Miliband - Toyota Prius/Honda Insight? :unsure:

Dave Cameron - Probably a BMW 5-series.

One of those tacky old Suzuki Vitaras for me :lol: for gentlemen of a certain persuasion

naah,......suzuki jimny.

tries to look hard but is really weak and feeble......chelsea tractor for girls.

Ed Balls would be a BMW X6 - Odious and large.

Ed Miliband - Toyota Prius/Honda Insight? :unsure:

[/quote..the millibands!!!

..I think more skoda,just after being bought out by VW.........like the chassis looks ok but the engines haven't been given a tweak yet....several years from now they will learn their trade and get moderately competent.....but you'll have to wait.

Superb report in the Telegraph...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/matthew-norman/8569331/Eds-sorry-plot-was-more-Trabant-than-Volvo.html

"The implications for Volvo’s market share in Britain will be catastrophic should the public associate its products with Gordon Brown, whose alleged combination of dourness and reliability (one out of two ain’t bad) inspired the code name. For this was, in fact, Project Trabant … a phuttering, foul-smelling, yet semi-comic exhibition of the brutal, Soviet-era machine politics which Brown and his sidekick Balls, New Labour’s very own Stasi colonel, practised so remorselessly for so long. This sequence of memos may date from the summer of 2005. But the campaign to oust Mr Blair began in the late 1990s when Mr Balls was his Treasury henchman."

"Far more disturbing than the disloyalty is that these people willingly colluded in a plot partly and hilariously predicated on the belief that the Trabant was a Volvo, and could be upgraded to a Lexus by the simple expedient of more accurately brushed hair, trips to the gym, and flashing the death rictus at Richard 'n’ Judy. They seem genuinely to have trusted in Gordon Brown’s ability to change into something approximating a human being. However endearing the childish naivety, there comes a time when every boy and girl must give up on the Tooth Fairy."

I thought he was more vulva than volvo