House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tenubracon

Why Won't My Kids Leave Home?

"My eldest is a circus clown, the middle one is ‘doing art’ and the youngest does one shift a week stacking shelves in the Co-op"

I'm not sure I need to add any more! :blink::blink:

Because the greedy parents won't MEW and gift them a huge deposit. They're failing the ponzi system take profits from the top to reinvest at the bottom.

I know why - becuase for years cretinous lip service paying journos have pandered to the self immolation of the real economy of the country to the point where the younger generation have to choce other than to be feckless, reckless with debt or just damned lucky to be involved in one of the bailed out sections of this unhinged economy.

Nothing to do with high rents, high taxes, low wages and house prices, then? To be fair to the author, one of his kids is a 'clown'. Literally.

Corrected for you.

I know why - becuase for years cretinous lip service paying journos have pandered to the self immolation of the real economy of the country to the point where the younger generation have to choce other than to be feckless, reckless with debt or just damned lucky to be involved in one of the bailed out sections of this unhinged economy.

But as long as their house prices stay high then its OK!

+1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2002330/Why-wont-todays-grown-kinds-just-leave-home.html

They're lazy and feckless. Nothing to do with high rents and house prices, then? To be fair to the author, one of his kids is a 'clown'. Literally.

Love that picture of the teenage bedroom. Oh, the nostalgic memories of cereal bowls with dried-on Ready-Brek like concrete. :)

Remember Mr B once saying that if we ever moved, he wouldn't bother with any wardrobes or chests of drawers in the kids' rooms. They could just carry on using the floor.

But I'm not surprised so many don't leave home. No generation gap, at least not like there used to be. We were on a whole different planet from our parents. And it seems that quite a few don't make their kids contribute anything even when they're earning. Makes them feel 'mean'. Not doing them any favours, IMO. The sooner they learn that a nice warm house, a fridge full of food and endless hot showers etc. don't actually come free, the better.

Because the greedy parents won't MEW and gift them a huge deposit. They're failing the ponzi system take profits from the top to reinvest at the bottom.

If they MEW deposits out of the ponzi scheme, won't that just create a singularity?