House Price Crash Forum

I just heard it. That b@atard crook should be detained at her majesty's pleasure, not honoured.

This old git was part of the problem, and is doing nothing to sort it out. Also part of the scam, printing money, giving it to the banks, and the banks buy government debt, thus being able to keep interest rates low. A massive fiddle with our money.

This country is bankrupt and he helped get us there.

I suppose it's like the other shyster crook banker who has been allowed to keep his title.

The revolution is getting closer, I can feel it in me water.

The state rewarding its grandees....... Thats all you need to know.. ;)

Dude could have earned a lot more money in the private sector. There has to be something in it for the bureaucrats.

Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the British Empire (GBE)

Not just any order of the British chivalry, the highest!

No, the premier order of chivalry in England is the Order of the Garter, in Scotland, the Order of the Thistle. The full list of the modern orders goes in the formal list of precedence something like this:

The Most Noble Order of the Garter

The Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle

The Most Honourable Order of the Bath

The Most Distinguished Order of Saint Michael and Saint George

The Royal Victorian Order

The Most Excellent Order of the British Empire

So even a Knight Grand Cross of the BE is a long way down the ladder from a Knight of the of Garter. You can't have Knighthoods in all of the Chivalric Orders - all CHs, for example are just that. However, they are outranked by peers - again in the formal ranking:

Holders of the Orders of Chivalry are ranked in the Table of Precedence. Knights of the Garter (if not already holding senior rank such as a peerage) rank immediately after Barons' eldest sons, and Knights of the other Orders of Chivalry are placed after Baronets (in Scotland, however, Knights of the Thistle customarily follow Knights of the Garter). Holders of the Order of Merit and Companions of Honour carry no personal precedence by virtue of these honours.

Debretts

db

Maybe this is a sign he will be going soon? I figure they get knighted towards the end of their careers but then with a job like this he probably announces he is stepping down 2 years in advance....

Not that it would be something to get the hopes up, some other inflation happy goon will take his place. Anything for "growth".

Maybe this is a sign he will be going soon? I figure they get knighted towards the end of their careers but then with a job like this he probably announces he is stepping down 2 years in advance....

Not that it would be something to get the hopes up, some other inflation happy goon will take his place. Anything for "growth".

Blanchflower for Governor!!!

Arise Sir Kunt, king of the quip.

Never before has so much been owed to few by so many.

What a legacy, what a stooge, what a piss taker.

Arise sir mervyn king, for services to inflation. Farking joke.

Hes saved the printing industry with years of extra work in the pipeline

I just heard it. That b@atard crook should be detained at her majesty's pleasure, not honoured.

Do you mean Gordon Brown?

Merv deserves it and it is not his fault that Bfrown put him in a positon where he can no longer hike because of the precarious state of our housing market. Independent BoE--not even close to the truth. One hike and it all goes down the pan--a national economic disaster.

Merv is not to blame, he is a puppet of government and the banksters who control government. If he is to be criticised it is because he has not resigned in disgust with his bosses.

He coined the catch phrase that never caught: " house prices are a matter of opinion wherweas debt is real." Given what Gordon and the Balls creature were doing with our economy when he said those words he should have been knighted then and there and given a Nobel prize for common sense.

Do you mean Gordon Brown?

Merv deserves it and it is not his fault that Bfrown put him in a positon where he can no longer hike because of the precarious state of our housing market. Independent BoE--not even close to the truth. One hike and it all goes down the pan--a national economic disaster.

Merv is not to blame, he is a puppet of government and the banksters who control government. If he is to be criticised it is because he has not resigned in disgust with his bosses.

He coined the catch phrase that never caught: " house prices are a matter of opinion wherweas debt is real." Given what Gordon and the Balls creature were doing with our economy when he said those words he should have been knighted then and there and given a Nobel prize for common sense.

+1

He is doing the right thing. I would rather have Sir Merv the vigilant as governor than any body else.