House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
yekim1967

At What Age Should You Buy A House

This is the profile of an apprentice contestant... I am sure she bought with cash, would a bank give a mortgage to a 12 yo, or maybe RBS or Northern Rock had special mortgages for young people.

Zoe Beresford

Lives: Cheshire

Born in Stoke-on-Trent, Zoe joined her family firm straight from university and played an integral role in the company's development working in sales and marketing. Zoe, who bought a house with her sister at the age of just 12, describes her attitude as not "why" but "why not". Zoe was awarded the Rolls-Royce Manufacturing Technology Prize for the highest dissertation mark in the school of engineering

This is the profile of an apprentice contestant... I am sure she bought with cash, would a bank give a mortgage to a 12 yo, or maybe RBS or Northern Rock had special mortgages for young people.

Zoe Beresford

Born in Stoke-on-Trent, Zoe joined her family firm straight from university and played an integral role in the company's development working in sales and marketing. Zoe, who bought a house with her sister at the age of just 12, describes her attitude as not "why" but "why not". Zoe was awarded the Rolls-Royce Manufacturing Technology Prize for the highest dissertation mark in the school of engineering

I wouldn't be surprised if she wins it. She's one of the few who doesn't talk sh*te. Always amazes me how many of them don't seem to understand that Sugar loathes the talking of sh*te, jargon and meaningless buzzwords. Not to mention constantly going on about how wonderful they are when all evidence points the other way.

As far as the house-buying goes, don't know facts but would imagine it was cash purchase with a legacy from e.g. granny. And it'd surely have to be in trust for a 12 year old.

Zoe Beresford

Yes back in the good old days of the late 90's we should have all bought houses - even those of us still at school... (or so some of the uberbulls would tell us)

One would hazard a guess that this was with family money, not borrowed. Looking back this was a fantastic decision but only if you had the cash.

I reckon I may be close to 40 when I buy ,but at least I know i can afford to maintain it and keep by then .No hpuse price inflation for the froseeable fuure and large amount tied up th ns an iSo my money should grow and house will either stay the same or go down .I wish I bought tens years ago but i was too bussy seeing the world and never had a crystal ball .But I also think this is a golden opp for me save with my deposit being erroeded by bubble rises .

I will buy when I can do it in cash. That is about it.

I was thinking about this earlier ,am looking a terrace for about 80k ,was wondering what these would go for at acuation because i reckon in the next 4 years i could save about 50 k . Would be a msaaive saving not have have mortgage .Also if an 80k house drops to 75k my chances at auction are good I would think .

I was thinking about this earlier ,am looking a terrace for about 80k ,was wondering what these would go for at acuation because i reckon in the next 4 years i could save about 50 k . Would be a msaaive saving not have have mortgage .Also if an 80k house drops to 75k my chances at auction are good I would think .

Who knows - however at auction it is likely to be far less of course. You need the readies available though.

Who knows - however at auction it is likely to be far less of course. You need the readies available though.

Yes just go to keep saving and I will .One day I will get there if it is right for me to buy .

Yes just go to keep saving and I will .One day I will get there if it is right for me to buy .

Why not. It may take you to 40 or so. Then again - at what age does the average younger person actually end up 'owning' their own home outright ? Probably 50 if you are lucky.