House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

200p

Pizzahut Are Offering Free Unlimited Salad

It must be due to the E-coli outbreak, no one can shift the stuff.

I think this is bring down inflaion figures for June - boo!

You have to buy a main meal too though. They've been doing this for a few months now. It's a good deal though, no need for a starter just load up on nachos and salsa from the salad bar :) I'm going Saturday night actually. Cheap meal out.

A good job the subject is so closely linked to "house prices and the economy".

Last time I was in there it was a Saturday night. 8pm and yet there was only two other tables occupied. People cutting back on eating out? or pizza hut losing it's edge?

Last time I was in there it was a Saturday night. 8pm and yet there was only two other tables occupied. People cutting back on eating out? or pizza hut losing it's edge?

And I bet they were just eating the free salad.

We went for the first time in years this week and its not just free salad it's kids eat free too.

So for our 2 main courses we got 4 x free salads and 2 free kids 2 course meals.

Once we paid we also got a voucher for upto 8 people to have a main course for £5 each, this also includes free salad and kids eat free, so we could feed the whole family for £10!!!

We went for the first time in years this week and its not just free salad it's kids eat free too.

So for our 2 main courses we got 4 x free salads and 2 free kids 2 course meals.

Once we paid we also got a voucher for upto 8 people to have a main course for £5 each, this also includes free salad and kids eat free, so we could feed the whole family for £10!!!

Yeah but...talk about quality vs. quantity.

Took the kids for lunch last week.

3 x Salads

2 x Pizza

1 x lasagne

2 x ice cream factory

3 x large cokes

Kids provided crayons etc...

Good service

£17.00... Absolutely stuffed. The place was packed.

Value for money indeed.

They still have all you can eat dine in pizza huts over there? They phased them out here around 10 years ago.

Pizza hut is diabolical

Yeah but...talk about quality vs. quantity.

If you want fat (American style) pizzas I'd say pizza hut is the best place out there. It's full fat fast food. Not restaurant quality. And I like it. Probably the nicest real pizza I've had in the UK from a chain is Strada. Although these are nothing compared to the authentic Italian or French pizzas from a decent restaurant over there.

I was on business in Italy a few back and stopped at what looked like a road side dinner for lunch. They cooked there own pizzas from scratch on site and it was the most amazing pizza I've ever tasted. I wish they made them like that over here!

The markups on foodstuffs must have reached a point where they can give away things like free salads and drinks. I asked my mate a chef why they do free drinks, the coke concentrated syrup nets them between 200-300% markup, ie costs a couple of pence and they can sell a pint for a quid!

The free soft drinks are awful! They taste like sweet fizzy water. I'll stick to a couple of beers I think.

The markups on foodstuffs must have reached a point where they can give away things like free salads and drinks. I asked my mate a chef why they do free drinks, the coke concentrated syrup nets them between 200-300% markup, ie costs a couple of pence and they can sell a pint for a quid!

Yeah but lest us not forget big overheads. Like £10-20K in biz rates and rents higher than Pete Doherty.