House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GloomMonger

Can You See Why This Is Cheap?

Not at all bad if you're a total skank, or if you're a midget and there's a large Belfast sink in the tiny kitchen.

wow orginal features, people normally pay extras for that, must be down the end of the garden. I'm guessing there will be no central heating, no hot water (not that it really matters given the circumstances), no double glazing, it will need a new roof and rewiring... Also you wont be able to get a mortgage until you sort some things out. 260k is ALOT of money without a mortgage/bridging loan.

Edited by AteMoose

I don't get it, get the impression you mean no toilet but there's one in/off the kitchen(?!!)

Is that even legal?

Where is the bathroom though ?

So basically it is a two bedroom property, you would have to change one of the bedrooms to a bathroom.

I don't get it, get the impression you mean no toilet but there's one in/off the kitchen(?!!)

Is that even legal?

You're right, there's a toilet, don't know about you, but I like a shower now and again!

Is that even legal?

No bathroom is the issue here.

Legal.. yes. Mortgageable... no.

Developer will buy, put in a bathroom and sell.

Edited by Mr Deflation

Is that even legal?

EDITED : Oh yeah they have turned the pantry into a toilet.... so it has been modernised.... ditto with my eyes. It has a toilet, that means you can get a mortgage right?

Edited by AteMoose

Is that even legal?

My eyes weren't good enough to spot that the wee cupboard in the kitchen is allegedly a WC. However, if the fecking kitchen is a palatial? 6' x 5' 5", then only a midget double amputee would be able to sit down in that loo!

Edited by Radge

My eyes weren't good enough to spot that the wee cupboard in the kitchen is allegedly a WC. However, if the fecking kitchen is a palatial? 6' x 5' 5", then only a midget double amputee would be able to sit down in that loo!

:lol:

I hadn't noticed the room dimensions either!

If you haggle, you could snap this up for ONE QUARTER OF A MILLION POUNDS!!! :blink:

EDITED : Oh yeah they have turned the pantry into a toilet.... so it has been modernised.... ditto with my eyes. It has a toilet, that means you can get a mortgage right?

Highly unlikely. This will have to be a cash buy. Then a proper bathroom will have to be added if the buyer wants to sell on in the wider (ie. mortgage financed) market.

A few years ago I watched 'Cathy Come Home' on BBC4 and recall a scene where one of the characters (Cathy's husband?) come out of a cupboard-like WC that was in the corner of a kitchen. Ewww. Probably acceptable in the 1950s/60s.

Seems like a good development prospect for a professional builder - turn bedroom 3 into the bathroom, maybe even a loft conversion and relocate the downstairs WC underneith the staircase if the plumbing allows. :)

House i bought in Tooting less than ten years ago had the toilet and bathroom off the kitchen - original design from 1904. Very small for both rooms, but functional. Did mean that I didn't let any of my curry eating mates round if I was going to cook.....if you know what I mean.

This, believe it or not, is cheap for North London. Got quite excited, but then noticed something missing......

Blimey, are there still some of these left? I'd have thought they'd all been Homes-Under-The-Hammered.

I'm going with it is a 3 bedder but they've turned the bathroom into a kitchen and the kitchen into a dining room but forgot about the need to wash. Bog standard layout that up in yorkshire-the lav/bathroom at the end of the kitchen. Being Scottish I find it a bit wierd, bigger houses up there and never a lavi next to where you cook.