House Price Crash Forum
Bruce Banner

And Again ----merged

Ha suckers, it will NEVER go up, it can only go down via more printing and more printing. It won't even go up when not if but WHEN it goes hyper.

The funny thing is though, I get 4% interest on my Sterling funds and only 1.5% interest on my Euro funds when Sterling base rate is 0.5% and Euro base rate is 1.25%. Perhaps it's to do with my inability to find the best Euro rates on offer.

The funny thing is though, I get 4% interest on my Sterling funds and only 1.5% interest on my Euro funds when Sterling base rate is 0.5% and Euro base rate is 1.25%. Perhaps it's to do with my inability to find the best Euro rates on offer.

Swap your 1,5% for 3.5% in Greece?

Thought not...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13711754

UK interest rates have been kept at the record low of 0.5% again by the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee.

Recent data has underlined worries about the UK's economic recovery, which analysts took as a sign that the Bank would leave rates unchanged.

This is despite the annual rate of inflation rising to 4.5% in April, up from 4% in March, and well above the Bank's 2% target.

Luckily inflation won't be slowing down the economy further.

On the news some commentator saying that the rate hold was expected (as if they have the faintest clue what's expected, it's not as if they ever have in the past) but that very soon the bank would likely be excercising what the commentator said the bank was describing as "strong vigilance" :lol: in case there's a need for a possible rate rise in the not so distant future.

Yeah right, the BoE and their strong vigilance. :lol::lol: Total farce.

Likely the next step up will be the oh so strong vigilance.

All said by the commentator in that convincing tone of voice so beloved by media commentators who really haven't a clue.

Edited by billybong

Ha suckers, it will NEVER go up, it can only go down via more printing and more printing. It won't even go up when not if but WHEN it goes hyper.

Really looking like the UK and USA are going to follow Japan's lost decade (or should that be 2 decades?). Difference being that we won't have a house price crash in the UK as we have some miracles working here (I've not idea what though!).

Wait for our stock market to decline 80% next!

Don't be stupid it's temporary.

Yes, temporary, blips, one-offs, externally influenced, martian-caused, just-this-once, occasionally very regular, mini overdoses of inflation - for now 2 years. I suppose once they have inflated, there will indeed then be just 2% annual inflation, once your loaf of bread is considerably north of where it is now (which is already a lot more expensive than a few years ago)

Remind me again, how did we get this bunch running the show exactly????

Yes, temporary, blips, one-offs, externally influenced, martian-caused, just-this-once, occasionally very regular, mini overdoses of inflation - for now 2 years. I suppose once they have inflated, there will indeed then be just 2% annual inflation, once your loaf of bread is considerably north of where it is now (which is already a lot more expensive than a few years ago)

Remind me again, how did we get this bunch running the show exactly????

They are independently chosen by which ever party is in power.

Really looking like the UK and USA are going to follow Japan's lost decade (or should that be 2 decades?). Difference being that we won't have a house price crash in the UK as we have some miracles working here (I've not idea what though!).

Wait for our stock market to decline 80% next!

But didn't Japan have the deflation? We have the inflation, so what happens now?

But didn't Japan have the deflation? We have the inflation, so what happens now?

No Japan had inflation and lots of money printing LOTS AND LOTS OF IT. However they exported it to cause inflation elsewhere.

Since we don't have anywhere to export our inflation to when we inevitably print 2-4 trillion pounds. We're not going to get off like Japan... think Harare for a closer approximation...

An old favourite. QE, deflation, ha ha

Inflation and Fed's policy

"Fed in total denial" For Fed read BoE

Fed and BoE cannot raise rates due to their being unable to afford to pay off their own debts if they do? Looks that way