House Price Crash Forum
cypher007

Ok Whats Going On?

checkout the fourth property from the top:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=POSTCODE%5E1188526&insId=1&maxPrice=180000&minBedrooms=3&radius=3.0&includeSSTC=true&_includeSSTC=on&index=10

they recon they have an offer of £170, its a repo and was listed at £175. who pays nearly the asking? i thought there was a HPC on? or is it just the EA trying to get a higher price? e.g. theres actually no offer on it?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=POSTCODE%5E1188526&insId=1&maxPrice=180000&minBedrooms=3&radius=3.0&includeSSTC=true&_includeSSTC=on&index=10

they recon they have an offer of £170, its a repo and was listed at £175. who pays nearly the asking? i thought there was a HPC on? or is it just the EA trying to get a higher price? e.g. theres actually no offer on it?

They are obliged to advertise any offer they've received if it's a repo. Whether it's worth it, F.K.

Funnily enough I've just been looking at something similar.

Thyme Court

PUBLIC NOTICE

£254,950

For Sale

End-of-Terrace House, 2 bedrooms, Freehold

PUBLIC NOTICE

Mortgagees in possession are now in receipt of an offer for the sum of £252,000 (Two hundred and fifty two thousand pounds)

So, 3k under asking price but who is going to pay £2,000 over the £250k stamp duty threshhold and add £7,560 to the purchase price? Deffo overpriced.

Ha, ive seen a lot worse than that.

This was originally on at £150k

http://www.findaproperty.com/displayprop.aspx?edid=00&salerent=0&pid=8499635

Kennedy & Co Estate Agents are now in receipt of an offer for the sum of £181,511.99 for 25 Byards Green, Potton, Beds, SG19 2SB

To be fair, £150k would have almost been a good price (i would bite at that) - last sold early 2003 at £193k, so £181,511.99p would be late 2002 prices.

From what I have read on this site and elsewhere, there are actually loads of people going round making asking price offers on things, but they are not proceedable and the sales all fall through. One seller mentioned having had it happen 3 times. So perhaps there really is a near-asking offer but it is actually a fantasy offer? (Or does it have to be cash if it's a repo?)

Its horses hit.

Nobody has made an offer.

Seen this on a property 4 months ago. Its still on the market.

doh, I just went and googled 'horses hit' because I thought it must be a technical term from the cut-throat world of property-dealing with which I was not yet familiar.

(why isn't there an 'embarrassed' emoticon on here?)

If it's a repo the bank will only accept offers in a certain price range, maybe a couple of percent below asking. If no offer is received after a certain period then they lower the asking price a few grand and so on. Therefore it's perfectly reasonable to see repos go for near the current asking price. There's no other way it will be allowed to sell

It's silly posting links like this, because it's no longer fourth from the top :-(

tim