House Price Crash Forum

I Need A Hug!

Guest KingCharles1st

HOLA441
Guest KingCharles1st

Today I have had the house I wanted to buy sold out from underneath me.

This time last year- first saw house- 2 bed, nice- needs work, but POTENTIAL- location, age, character, BIG garden, room on plot to double in size, would definately get permission to do so. Price- 189K

Empty (owners had split) fairly quickly comes down to 185K

Wife (going through horrendously nasty divorce as of Jan 2003) finally agrees bare min settlement out of court- great.

Waiting for settlement to materialise- She does U-turn on settlement...

House drops to 179K

Jan 2005 Wife agrees new settlement in principle- I move out of family home, will have money for deposit in March.

Make offer on house 172.5K- Accepted- yippee...

Wife backs out of settlement agreement- ********

I set in motion court action.

Wife agrees new settlement- make new offer on house 167.5K Accepted- Yippee

Settlement goes to court for ratification mid feb- Court throw out settlement becuase ME is not getting enough- wife goes into mental spasms and shuts down all lines of communication.

Sellers getting desperate, But WONT drop price with EA- so they ask if I would RENT- yes of course- Yippee etc...

Wife refuses to negotiate- I have to take her to FDR at court= Financial Dispute Resolution- Not due to be heard until last monday 12th September.

I now have to show lots of potential house purchasers round my HOME- bastards..

Monday 12th September 2005- court rule in MY favour, but wife gets 6 months to cough- so can't buy house till Feb 2006.

Thursday 29th Sept- EA informs me Baaaaastard has made offer, which has been accepted- PRICE 161K!!!!!

I could have stolen it for 150K in Feb 2006..

Have now to find new home in 8 weeks- difficult around here, places either one beds over chip shops £5-600, or reasonable 3-4 beds £1200 month and up- little mid value properties.

Just pissed off at the mo. I really hope by Feb things will be dropping like stones - thats unfair I know, but ******** to it all at the mo

Nite

HOLA442
HOLA443

Oh dear. Its not been easy. Hopefully the sale will fall through at the last minute... but if not... I'm not one of those people that believe that everything has a reason, but do find that sometimes an unexpected and random silver lining just whacks me in the face... hope you get one of those sorts of king hits soon!

HOLA444
Guest KingCharles1st
Oh dear. Its not been easy. Hopefully the sale will fall through at the last minute... but if not... I'm not one of those people that believe that everything has a reason, but do find that sometimes an unexpected and random silver lining just whacks me in the face... hope you get one of those sorts of king hits soon!

Thanks Elizabeth!

I agree with your reasonings and sentiment- but it just hit a bit hard. I really don't intend to be buying anything else just for the sake of getting back on the ladder though.

Maybe in 6 months time I will be able to post a wonderful sequel! :rolleyes:

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest KingCharles1st
Oi,stop that!!

King Charles Ist, maybe shakerbaby will let you have a spin/stroke his avatar ;)

Hey- there's Ladies present in this thread! :rolleyes:

Mind you- could do with a good stroke now- lifes full of ups and downs... B)

HOLA449
Today I have had the house I wanted to buy sold out from underneath me.

This time last year- first saw house- 2 bed, nice- needs work, but POTENTIAL- location, age, character, BIG garden, room on plot to double in size, would definately get permission to do so. Price- 189K

Empty (owners had split) fairly quickly comes down to 185K

Wife (going through horrendously nasty divorce as of Jan 2003) finally agrees bare min settlement out of court- great.

Waiting for settlement to materialise- She does U-turn on settlement...

House drops to 179K

Jan 2005 Wife agrees new settlement in principle- I move out of family home, will have money for deposit in March.

Make offer on house 172.5K- Accepted- yippee...

Wife backs out of settlement agreement- ********

I set in motion court action.

Wife agrees new settlement- make new offer on house 167.5K Accepted- Yippee

Settlement goes to court for ratification mid feb- Court throw out settlement becuase ME is not getting enough- wife goes into mental spasms and shuts down all lines of communication.

Sellers getting desperate, But WONT drop price with EA- so they ask if I would RENT- yes of course- Yippee etc...

Wife refuses to negotiate- I have to take her to FDR at court= Financial Dispute Resolution- Not due to be heard until last monday 12th September.

I now have to show lots of potential house purchasers round my HOME- bastards..

Monday 12th September 2005- court rule in MY favour, but wife gets 6 months to cough- so can't buy house till Feb 2006.

Thursday 29th Sept- EA informs me Baaaaastard has made offer, which has been accepted- PRICE 161K!!!!!

I could have stolen it for 150K in Feb 2006..

Have now to find new home in 8 weeks- difficult around here, places either one beds over chip shops £5-600, or reasonable 3-4 beds £1200 month and up- little mid value properties.

Just pissed off at the mo. I really hope by Feb things will be dropping like stones - thats unfair I know, but ******** to it all at the mo

Nite

this is the saddest post i have read to date.

folk like you deserve all you get really.

how on earth did you end up getting maried to this woman??????????

marriage is not like shopping on the high street.

marriage is a one-shot. that's it. you find your sole mate, or you don't. there is no risk, no speculation, it is TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE to get this wrong.

you are yet another example of this modern pradigm of greed and self-obsession.

the possibility of failure in (real) marriage is as remote as the possibility of falling out of love with your own flesh and blood family.

the union of marriage is based on love and commitment beyond this kind of sick material cr@p.

Not Losing Faith. 12 years and never so much as a glance back. for richer for poorer.

HOLA4410
Thanks Elizabeth!

I agree with your reasonings and sentiment- but it just hit a bit hard. I really don't intend to be buying anything else just for the sake of getting back on the ladder though.

Maybe in 6 months time I will be able to post a wonderful sequel! :rolleyes:

Get drunk, i dont mean just a little bit tipsy i mean absolutly no doubt about it bollo* drunk. It wont really solve anything, its not even a wise thing to do, but you might just not give a damn for a few hours.

ahhh if i ruled the world....

HOLA4411
this is the saddest post i have read to date.

how on earth did you end up getting maried to this woman??????????

marriage is not like shopping on the high street.

marriage is a one-shot. that's it. you find your sole mate, or you don't. there is no risk, no speculation, it is TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE to get this wrong.

you are yet another example of this modern pradigm of greed and self-obsession.

the possibility of failure in (real) marriage is as remote as the possibility of falling out of love with your own flesh and blood family.

the union of marriage is based on love and commitment beyond this kind of sick material cr@p.

Not Losing Faith. 12 years and never so much as a glance back. for richer for poorer.

You'll be telling us god created the earth in 7 days next.... :unsure:

HOLA4412

PS: ignore all negative, judgemental and unkind postings. We all make mistakes, we don't all have a soul mates even if we try really hard... but we do try (and for some of us our feet don't match either... my soles aren't mates by 1/2 a size!!!) and people who judge other people only get themselves wound up... :rolleyes:

Edited by Elizabeth

HOLA4413

What the f*ck are you on about? KC1st is getting divorced from his wife (likely initiated by her, 70% of divorces are) and as part of that, the court will order division of the marital assets. This "sick material crap", as you call it, is mandated BY LAW.

there is no risk, no speculation, it is TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE to get this wrong.

Oh right, so people don't change, grow apart, make the wrong decisions, make mistakes, simply get fed up of being married, etc. :rolleyes:

That kind of comment is completely uncalled-for.

Oh, and BTW, don't bother replying, as you are the first ever person I have put on IGNORE. Save your sanctimonious moralising for the pulpit.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Sorry to read of your predicament;

And I rather suspect that she was awarded more out of the marriage pot. I know a few people who have divorced with or without children and in every case the woman comes out on top. So much for equality.

Women only want equality when it suits them. (My wife, bless her has an MA in womens studies and agrees with me)

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
PS: ignore all negative, judgemental and unkind postings. We all make mistakes, we don't all have a soul mates even if we try really hard... but we do try (and for some of us our feet don't match either... my soles aren't mates by 1/2 a size!!!) and people who judge other people only get themselves wound up... :rolleyes:

For those youngsters (under 30s who seem to represent most people in here) who're gettting cold feet expecting things to unravel more quickly than they are now...............................the crash is going perfectly to plan............prices will bottom out in 5 or 6 years' time................

HOLA4419
Oh, and BTW, don't bother replying, as you are the first ever person I have put on IGNORE. Save your sanctimonious moralising for the pulpit.

the pulpit. this is your way of dismissing my opinions as religious humbug. yeah, i mean like marriage is totally a separate issue right?

you noob.

why take vows that you have utterly no intention of keeping? how can you stand in church (or registry office) and say all those things when you don't mean it?

it is as if, for many, it's all about the big day and bums on seats.

i have seen farce marriage after farce marriage. big venue, loads of people (hardly anyone you know) no expense spared...sad.

i decided never to go to a wedding unless both people are first timers. this way there is a chance they are doing it for the right reasons.

(i don't believe you did put me on ignore by the way!)

HOLA4420
For those youngsters (under 30s who seem to represent most people in here) who're gettting cold feet expecting things to unravel more quickly than they are now...............................the crash is going perfectly to plan............prices will bottom out in 5 or 6 years' time................

I am SO SO flattered. 30? Thirty seems like a lifetime away ... when I not a not a care in the world (before I was both married and divorced... so there :P ) Most banks won't give me a morgage for more than 24 years - (can you count) I don't actually see how this relates to the topic though???

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Truth is, for a fair few of us males, it's get drunk first, then cry.

:lol::lol::lol: (I knew I was missing something)

i decided never to go to a wedding unless both people are first timers. this way there is a chance they are doing it for the right reasons.

Actually, if you want that then you should only go to second weddings. By that time the people involved will probably have the age and wisdom (and dare I say it, experience) to know how to make it work and have clarity about what they DON'T want in a relationship.

HOLA4424
What the f*ck are you on about? KC1st is getting divorced from his wife (likely initiated by her, 70% of divorces are) and as part of that, the court will order division of the marital assets. This "sick material crap", as you call it, is mandated BY LAW.

Oh right, so people don't change, grow apart, make the wrong decisions, make mistakes, simply get fed up of being married, etc. :rolleyes:

That kind of comment is completely uncalled-for.

The master of sanctimony strikes again.

HOLA4425
Interesting. The men on this Forum (I think both Chuz and Portent are male) seem to think that blind drunk is the way to go. My response would be to have a good cry, and then let it go.

Well, ive not cried since i was a child ive kinda forgotten how to and for good reason which i shall keep to myself.

From a scientific point of view crying is quite good for you, tears from differnt emotions are chemically differnt :blink: . So its quite possible that you help to release the hormones that are making you feel bed by crying.

That being said Ms Liz guys _tend_ to react differntly to women emotionally, women will have a 15 minutes emotional breakdown snot and dribble included :) , guys will tend to go and punch something or do something physical. I'm guessing that men _tend_ to focus certain emotions into anger to deal with the problem while women focus it as sorrow.

We all know that getting drunk never solves anything, sometimes (and as i woman you will probably know where im comming from) you dont need the problem solved you just want to deal with it when your feeling like you can and in your own time.