Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
emmkay

Made An Offer...

Recommended Posts

We found a property we really like on the market at £160k. We made an offer of £141k this morning and were told that there was already an offer on the property for over £10k more than ours so they want offers closer to the asking price. I'm assuming that the best course of action would be to leave it and see what happens because we are only willing to spend up to £148k on this house and that is below the offer the agent is claiming that they already have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We found a property we really like on the market at £160k. We made an offer of £141k this morning and were told that there was already an offer on the property for over £10k more than ours so they want offers closer to the asking price. I'm assuming that the best course of action would be to leave it and see what happens because we are only willing to spend up to £148k on this house and that is below the offer the agent is claiming that they already have.

Yes. If the other offer is real (which, all other things being equal, I doubt) then it is more than you are willing to pay. If it isn't real, I'm sure the agent will get in touch in a couple of weeks when the other offer "falls trhough."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, just wait - don't go back with an improved offer.

If you did go back with something a bit higher, say £145k, to leave yourself a bit of room, the EA will see that he's got a bite and try and blag you higher again. Just leave your offer on the table and wait, it will either fall through and they'll get back to you in a few weeks (you've got them on the hook this time) or it was actually a proceed-able offer and you couldn't/wouldn't have gone that high anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watch Kirsty and Phil, they know how to deal with this kind of situation.

Full asking price and your wife/husbands services for a night, you know it makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watch Kirsty and Phil, they know how to deal with this kind of situation.

Full asking price and your wife/husbands services for a night, you know it makes sense.

:)

We're going to keep looking at other properties and assume that the offer is real and will go through to completion. Thanks for the advice people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:)

We're going to keep looking at other properties and assume that the offer is real and will go through to completion. Thanks for the advice people.

Best way to deal with it.

Went to see four houses.

Told all houses had offers on them when viewing. (yawn)

Made an offer on one.

EA called to say had another offer of ours +10%.

I turned into a US Lifestyle coach and said 'Good man! Go for it! Take that Offer! Grab it with both hands..... cause I wont be offering any more.....'

3 months later?

All houses still on the market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We found a property we really like on the market at £160k. We made an offer of £141k this morning and were told that there was already an offer on the property for over £10k more than ours so they want offers closer to the asking price. I'm assuming that the best course of action would be to leave it and see what happens because we are only willing to spend up to £148k on this house and that is below the offer the agent is claiming that they already have.

If it is real then since the vendor hasnt accepted it then they are obviosly greedy feckers that are going to be hard work anyway and want more than your max.

If it isnt real then you will only know when the ea calls you.

There is nothing to lose, do nothing and see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good for you, keep us posted.

The Rightmove listing was changed to under offer today. I'll just have to sit back and see how this one plays out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 312 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.