House Price Crash Forum

Poor Kids (In Run Down Housing) (Bbc1 Now)

HOLA441

slmahh.jpg

Watched an interview with this guy (Pol Pot) a couple of days ago where he was sounding apologetic because when the Khmer Rouge got hold of power they didn't have much experience and were essentially learning on the job. He said there were so many problems coming all the time and they were forever fire fighting.

I thought, sounds just like Brown and those Labour tossers in the last 13 years!

Funny, must be some morphic resonance in the air.

I recently stumbled across some articles about the Fuol Sleung s21 camp. When left to their own devices the Left always seem to become Monsters. Always makes me terribly suspicious of the "ends justify the means" mantra.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Having known many people from the DDR, their feelings were that life there was not so bad, there were good and bad points just like there are for us; they liked the toys and the freedom of expression the west had but they crave the stability and support the old system gave them.

Again: it is clear the current system of resource allocation is falling apart, what will replace it will be a form of social democracy.

Wow, I'm convinced!

Now, where do I queue for my bread ration?

HOLA443

Good post!

Looking at the debt levels and seeing how this country will get poorer in the next few years it is clear we can't pay it back and it's just kicking the can a little further down the street.

No Sh¡t Sherlock!

Any other pearls of wisdom you wish to scatter before the swines on this board?

Edited by Jack's Creation

HOLA444
Guest tbatst2000

There were huge building programs and millions were lifted out of poverty we can't imagine, then is all started to go wrong.

I suppose 1.5 million people killed in the gulags was a price worth paying then? Seriously, anyone who thinks that there was anything good about the soviet system needs to go and read a few history books.

HOLA445
Guest tbatst2000

Wow, I'm convinced!

Now, where do I queue for my bread ration?

Proof by constant assertion is clearly working. Hold a place in the queue for me will you?

HOLA446

The problem is money. The downtrodden people in the programme are the source of monetary stability for everyone else.

If everyone had jobs and could pay for stuff, then the system would hyperinflate.

Its only the pool of unemployed that is preventing the emergence of a wage-price spiral by keeping down the wage bargaining power of the slightly more fortunate layers above.

That is how interest rates are supposed to work - raise them, make a bunch more people unemployed and thus remove their demand such that everyone else can take their bit of the pie.

That is the sick reality of money.

Yeah, but if you gave them a load of money, they'd just waste it buying each other Robbie Williams Calenders, or this seasons away shirt.

HOLA447

I suppose 1.5 million people killed in the gulags was a price worth paying then? Seriously, anyone who thinks that there was anything good about the soviet system needs to go and read a few history books.

No, no, no.....people who don't recognize how perfect the Soviet system was are just suffering from a false consciousness that needs re-educating.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

And the rest... The average worker in Czarist Russia was more or less a slave, their living and working conditions were appalling, by the late 1920’s the situation had improved for most people.

HOLA4416

Good find.

In one they're queuing because they're hungry.

In two they're queuing because they're greedy.

Both are afraid they'll come away with nothing.

Funny definition of 'greedy' - people just hoping to get their own savings back.

In the same circs., with a bank rumoured to be going down the pan any minute, presumably you wouldn't be so 'greedy' as to try to get your own money back.

HOLA4417

Hahahaha! Like the USSR provided such great accommodation for the proles?

It was dire , but at least it was free along with public transport.

Take away the UKs personal debt facade and the standard of living wouldn't be much different to the USSR.

HOLA4418

Funny definition of 'greedy' - people just hoping to get their own savings back.

In the same circs., with a bank rumoured to be going down the pan any minute, presumably you wouldn't be so 'greedy' as to try to get your own money back.

Don't take it too literally Mrs Bear. I was just connecting the two images together with a food related phrase. I was being a smartarse.

HOLA4419

Greedy because they had failed to heed warnings for months. Greedy because they took a higher rate of interest with no regard or consideration of why NRK was paying more than the market.

They were as greedy as all those gibbons who chased an extra 0.25% or whatever by investing in Landsbanki offshore accounts.... and then went bleating about it when it went tits up, the morons.