• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Scottish power announcement today.

This will help our inflation target

Indeed it will - I'd just wish they'd come clean and say what the target is... this is all going to end very badly IMHO. This country's citizens better find some balls soon, or the majority are going to end up as underpaid serfs.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Bonuses all round! Make mine a double.

No doubt if wages jumped 10% let alone 19, Merv would suddenly become less vigilant and hike de old interest rates, innit.

Edited by Sir John Steed

HOLA447
HOLA448

Merv's plan is working a treat. Instead of making the feckless mortgage holders pay with ir rises, he wants the whole country to pay with rampant inflation. :blink:

We're all in it together, even though I've never had a fecking mortgage. What a business this all is. :rolleyes:

Savers, the debt free, renters, under 24's all get a kicking to bail out the dirty b4stards who thought house prices only ever go up.

Sickening!!

Edited by Wait & See

HOLA449

Merv's plan is working a treat. Instead of making the feckless mortgage holders pay with ir rises, he wants the whole country to pay with rampant inflation. :blink:

We're all in it together, even though I've never had a fecking mortgage. What a business this all is. :rolleyes:

Savers, the debt free, renters, under 24's all get a kicking to bail out the dirty b4stards who thought house prices only ever go up.

Sickening!!

They told you enough times the government wouldn't let it happen.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

WTF!

We've had these sort of rises for a decade now. If only we had a regulator to put the customer first.

It would be economic meltdown, if only we could afford the heat.

Does Ofgen exist any more or is energy uncapped?

Would the utility companies argue that they are adhering to inflation + a percent or two anyway?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Guest eight

Does Ofgen exist any more or is energy uncapped?

Would the utility companies argue that they are adhering to inflation + a percent or two anyway?

Isn't part of the bill a carbon tax to offset "global warming"? We've had to have our central heating on twice this week (second week of June) because it's been so cold.

eight

HOLA4414

Isn't part of the bill a carbon tax to offset "global warming"? We've had to have our central heating on twice this week (second week of June) because it's been so cold.

eight

Bah you can afford to turn it on, I've not turned the heating on since..... ever I also shower at the gym too.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

eight

It's called 'climate change' now. That way you cannot refute it, as the climate will always change, whereas 'global warming' was obviously a load of ********.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

eight

We also have had to have the heating on occasionally plus my wife keeps having to put the winter duvet on because she has been cold in the night.

I can't ever remember having to do this in June before

Meanwhile the BBC keeps saying it is the warmest june on record ????????

:blink:

HOLA4419

It`s getting to the stage where paying £30 a month to join a gym to have daily showers, shave, clean teeth etc, will be cheaper than showering at home. If you are at the gym you are not using gas and electricity at home and if you really can be bothered.. Keep fit as well B)

HOLA4420
Guest eight

Bah you can afford to turn it on, I've not turned the heating on since..... ever I also shower at the gym too.

When you say "afford", it's nearly £200/month combined for the gas and electric. No doubt somebody will be along to tell me I'm doing something wrong in a minute as their combined bills only come to £3.50 and yet they're still £50 in credit....

Fortunately thanks to buying before the madness our mortgage is only £75 a month.

eight

HOLA4421
Guest eight

It`s getting to the stage where paying £30 a month to join a gym to have daily showers, shave, clean teeth etc, will be cheaper than showering at home. If you are at the gym you are not using gas and electricity at home and if you really can be bothered.. Keep fit as well B)

I can definitely see it getting to the stage where going on holiday will actually save you money.

eight

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

£30! :blink: I pay a ten quid a month. Its not exactly the most modern gym but all the machines work and it doesn't smell of stale old sweat. Its supposed to be over subscribed but I don't see this because I go at the crack of dawn and its just me and two old men.

HOLA4424

£30! :blink: I pay a ten quid a month. Its not exactly the most modern gym but all the machines work and it doesn't smell of stale old sweat. Its supposed to be over subscribed but I don't see this because I go at the crack of dawn and its just me and two old men.

£10 quid a month :lol: .. Are you in Prison?

HOLA4425

Scottish power announcement today.

This will help our inflation target

With no regulation they can charge whatever they like.

Oh yes, and Ofcom. or whoever the consumer watchpuppy is. will say its a bit dear buit that will be the end of it.

19% will be the start of a summer hiking frenzy regardless of wholesale markets.