House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reck B

The Royal Mail

our office mail still hasn't been delivered.

yesterday it arrived at 2.45pm - I just called to complain and was told that they now only guarantee delivery by 3pm and if we want a 'timed' delivery, we'll have to pay £315 per month !! :o so each letter is paid for by the sender and receiver?

What flucking use is next day delivery if it gets to your office 2.15 hours before you close it?

Why have they got so shit?

Why have they got so shit?

Because competitors have been allowed to take the easy pickings leaving the RM having to do all the definitely unprofitable bits (including delivering other peoples' stuff), and because nowhere near as much stuff gets sent by post any more. The inevitable consequence is lower quality of more expensive service, or use someone else if possible.

First class was renamed Special Delivery™ 9.00am and put up 4000%. A lesser service was then introduced under the first class (price controlled) line. Good trick.

Guest eight

First class was renamed Special Delivery™ 9.00am and put up 4000%. A lesser service was then introduced under the first class (price controlled) line. Good trick.

We live less than 1 mile from the main sorting office. Our post generally doesn't arrive till between 3 and 4 in the afternoon. The only logical explanation is that it sits in a corner somewhere until somebody can be bothered to deliver it. Of course it's all part of the privatisation plan - run down the service until people are begging for an alternative. Politicians are so transparent it would be funny, if there was anything to laugh about.

eight

We live less than 1 mile from the main sorting office. Our post generally doesn't arrive till between 3 and 4 in the afternoon. The only logical explanation is that it sits in a corner somewhere until somebody can be bothered to deliver it. Of course it's all part of the privatisation plan - run down the service until people are begging for an alternative. Politicians are so transparent it would be funny, if there was anything to laugh about.

Surely even the politicians know when they're being transparent? It's like the time they were closing railways down, running one train a week in the middle of the night and claiming that because it was empty there was no demand for the line and therefore it needed closing.

And added VAT to it as well ;)

This thread is rather topical for me at the moment.

Last week I came home to red "Something for you" card. I went online and arranged a redelivery to my workplace as RM now only deliver during the day when I'm at work.

They tried to redeliver but to my home address so I came home to another red card.

This is where the problems started. It is impossible to speak to anyone at my local delivery office because the contact number is permanently on a recorded message.

I have spoken to "Customer Care" three times to try and sort this out. All they can do is send an "electronic message" to the delivery office and then have to allow 72 hours for a response :o

I find this utterly bizzare. It appears that there is a single telephone in the local delivery office and RM Customer Care can do nothing to contact them in a timely manner. I can't find out why the redelivery was to the wrong address and there's little point in arranging another redelivery as the delivery office staff seem unable to action it properly.

As I'm at work all day I don't have the opportunity to go to the delivery office and pick it up.

This is good example of the incompetence, "couldn't care less" attitude, lack of accountability, non-existent "Customer Care" and inability to resolve customer issues at RM.

As another example I tried telephoning the delivery office yet again this evening and the recorded message had changed to Your call cannot be taken and you cannot leave a message. Please call again later They might as well have just said "P**s Off"

This thread is rather topical for me at the moment.

Last week I came home to red "Something for you" card. I went online and arranged a redelivery to my workplace as RM now only deliver during the day when I'm at work.

They tried to redeliver but to my home address so I came home to another red card.

This is where the problems started. It is impossible to speak to anyone at my local delivery office because the contact number is permanently on a recorded message.

I have spoken to "Customer Care" three times to try and sort this out. All they can do is send an "electronic message" to the delivery office and then have to allow 72 hours for a response :o

I find this utterly bizzare. It appears that there is a single telephone in the local delivery office and RM Customer Care can do nothing to contact them in a timely manner. I can't find out why the redelivery was to the wrong address and there's little point in arranging another redelivery as the delivery office staff seem unable to action it properly.

As I'm at work all day I don't have the opportunity to go to the delivery office and pick it up.

This is good example of the incompetence, "couldn't care less" attitude, lack of accountability, non-existent "Customer Care" and inability to resolve customer issues at RM.

As another example I tried telephoning the delivery office yet again this evening and the recorded message had changed to Your call cannot be taken and you cannot leave a message. Please call again later They might as well have just said "P**s Off"

I do this, but unfortunately they charge £1 to send to another delivery office. Also, we have lots of work post that never arrives - yes we still mostly pay by check at our company... always 1-3% never arrives.

It is impossible to speak to anyone at my local delivery office because the contact number is permanently on a recorded message.

Last time I tried with mine, there was no recorded message, the phone just kept ringing and ringing.

Um, we often get mail twice a day, early morning and a second delivery before 2pm if it is a parcel (from same postman from the same delivery office), one day we had three delivaries. I think the trick is to live near to the delivery office and cant help dropping mail off when they get it...

Um, we often get mail twice a day

That can happen to me if I get a Special Delivery. Sometimes these come with the normal post, other times a ParcelForce guy delivers them.

Because competitors have been allowed to take the easy pickings leaving the RM having to do all the definitely unprofitable bits (including delivering other peoples' stuff), and because nowhere near as much stuff gets sent by post any more. The inevitable consequence is lower quality of more expensive service, or use someone else if possible.

Lefties boil my p*ss sometimes, they really do.

Lefties boil my p*ss sometimes, they really do.

As far as I can see it's a simple fact that something is going to be expensive and crap if it has to compete on the profitable areas but is still forced to do the unprofitable parts. Bloody ranting righties.