HOLA441
  • Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Well the bookies well and truly screwed up the odds on this one.

If the Greeks had any money they could have cleaned up in the betting market this week

I can not help thinking the British media are a little bemused by the result since they are so used to a supine domestic public who lie down and take whatever sh*t is fed to them. I dont think it has quite sunk in with them yet.

Edited by stormymonday_2011

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Well the bookies well and truly screwed up the odds on this one.

If the Greeks had any money they could have cleaned up in the betting market this week

I can not help thinking the British media are a little bemused by the result since they are so used to a supine domestic public who lie down and take whatever sh*t is fed to them. I dont think it has quite sunk in with them yet.

Yes very refreshing to see an electorate "get it".

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

So, the Greek do not want to take on new debt, and they do not want to pay some of the debt they already owe. Why do they wait for permission by anyone? They should just do it! Strange... ;)

They want to keep the Euro and the RESPECT that comes with it, and not have a Mickey Mouse currency.

HOLA4412

In best EU fashion the Greeks will have to vote again, and they will have to keep voting until they get it right. ;)

Provisional wording for next weeks Greek referendum just in from Brussels:

"Do you wish to embrace the generous offer from your European friends and reject the destructive actions of the discredited Tsipras?

Yes, I want to accept their kind offer

No, I will not tolerate the vandalism of Syrizia"

HOLA4413

Offer what you can, creditors can take it or leave it.

I guess if it means the ECB won't lend them more in the future that's a price they'll have to pay :D

All countries run a deficit, which Greece will need to borrow, but when they cannot borrow any money from anyone they are going to screwed.

HOLA4414

I bet the Scottish are embarrassed tonight.

Scotland, this is what Democracy and a real country looks like.

What are you on about? The last time I looked Scotland was the most politically engaged and democratic country in the UK.

HOLA4415

All countries run a deficit, which Greece will need to borrow, but when they cannot borrow any money from anyone they are going to screwed.

It will difficult for any country to make loans to Greece for the foreseeable future, I think Nigeria has a ten times better credit rating

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

When did Germany ever repay her external debts?

Oh yeah, never.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Offer what you can, creditors can take it or leave it.

I guess if it means the ECB won't lend them more in the future that's a price they'll have to pay :D

That is true. However, Greece is in no position to support itself at present without borrowing. Defaulting on all loans it has, will result in even much more immediate austerity, as it will need to live within its means with immediate effect, rather than going through a transition period. Nobody is going to lend money to Greece, so it will need to resort to printing its own currency, whatever they decide to call it. However, who is going to accept it in exchange for tangible goods? I sure as hell would not sell a container load of goods to be paid for in new Greek Drachmas and I cannot imagine many other businesses would either, not without a huge premium.

Pensioners in Greece who did not want a reduced pension paid in Euro will have to see just how useful a pension paid in new Greek Drachmas will be.

Edited by BalancedBear

HOLA4423

Sunday 5th July - An important day for Europe and beyond. Maybe it's European countries Independance Day!

It will be an interesting week. I anticipate stock markets will take a battering particularly Germany and France. Money makers will want a resolution to the crisis soon.

It would be nice to think that the general populations across Europe and indeed in the UK are beginning to wake up and realise they can protest against austerity and the bankers. If Greece were to cut a good deal and stay in the Euro then the rest of the PIIGS will start causing problems. I think it is more likely that Greece will leave the Euro and go back to the Drachma. The Euro elites only real option - make Greece suffer in front of all of Europe.

The whole unproductive western world is at the end of a massive fiat debt bubble and its starting to feel like the early days of its demise. Trouble is it will bring upheaval, uncertainly and misery at best.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425