House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lovelyhead

France Bans 'facebook' And 'twitter' From Tv

Link

Wonder if the BBC will follow France's lead?

"This prohibits French news organizations from urging their audience to "follow us on Twitter" or "check out or Facebook page," or other such promotions."

I can only hope that the BBC comes to its senses and stops promoting these two products all over the place.

Guest eight

"This prohibits French news organizations from urging their audience to "follow us on Twitter" or "check out or Facebook page," or other such promotions."

I can only hope that the BBC comes to its senses and stops promoting these two products all over the place.

Stumbled on some horrendous "news" programme on E4 or a similar channel the other night - it had a scroll bar summarising what various "celebs" had been sprouting on Twitter. I think it was just about the most depressing thing I've ever seen in my life.

eight

Stumbled on some horrendous "news" programme on E4 or a similar channel the other night - it had a scroll bar summarising what various "celebs" had been sprouting on Twitter. I think it was just about the most depressing thing I've ever seen in my life.

eight

Really?

Really?

Did you ever see the video segment on africa in Live Aid? Personally I find babies dieing much more depressing than the vacuous IT assisted verbal diarrhea of a bunch of overpaid idiots. But maybe I am taking your comment a bit too seriously...

As for the french ban, good on them. Makes sense.

Link

Wonder if the BBC will follow France's lead?

Doubt it. Everynight on BBC Look North we are told to follow them on Facebook. What kickbacks are they receiving.

Guest eight

Really?

Really?

Did you ever see the video segment on africa in Live Aid? Personally I find babies dieing much more depressing than the vacuous IT assisted verbal diarrhea of a bunch of overpaid idiots. But maybe I am taking your comment a bit too seriously...

OK, hopefully I have posted enough times here now for people to know not to take me too seriously. But, in a way, "following" Amanda Holden (or whoever) must be to the intellect what the Ethiopian famine was to nutrition, only self inflicted.

eight

Really?

Really?

there's a correlation between the two... celebdom is far more depressive trust me.