House Price Crash Forum
SwampDonkey

Gone Over To The Darkside And Had An Offer Accepted...

I know I will regret it but offer accepted on Friday so I guess once we complete the crash will finally happen so hang in there guys :rolleyes:

Got a 2 and 5 year old and just need to get on with our lives and the house ticks all the boxes except price but we knocked 25k of the asking price so not too bad.

It ticks everything for us, village location, big rooms and garden, open countryside in all directions, partner and i both work in village, childminder lives round the corner, oldest goes to school there already and the house has been extended and done up to decent standard etc etc.

Would rather have waited but finally caved in.

Looking to start up my own business later this year too so may have had trouble getting finance which was another factor.

I know I will regret it but offer accepted on Friday so I guess once we complete the crash will finally happen so hang in there guys :rolleyes:

Got a 2 and 5 year old and just need to get on with our lives and the house ticks all the boxes except price but we knocked 25k of the asking price so not too bad.

It ticks everything for us, village location, big rooms and garden, open countryside in all directions, partner and i both work in village, childminder lives round the corner, oldest goes to school there already and the house has been extended and done up to decent standard etc etc.

Looking to start up my own business later this year too so may have had trouble getting finance which was another factor.

Congratulations! If you've found a place that you feel is right for you and it's within your budget, then great! :)

Just remember, you are not long property.

You are short fiat.

I am in the same situation. have a 3 year old and a 1 year old running out of space in a two bed rented flat. have a 60k deposit but there is nothing to rent with 3 bedrooms in our area so will have to capituate and buy very soon. Ahh

Why will having a huge debt help your chances in getting finance?

Why will having a huge debt help your chances in getting finance?

I think its more the point that if your self employed and dont have 3y history geting a mortgage will be very very hard.

Got a 2 and 5 year old

That can certainly be a big factor in deciding to buy.

Good luck with the move.

Impossible to 'get on with your lives' without taking out a large debt and being part-owner and part- renter (interest) of a house.

What a society that believes that.

HAS NO-ONE HEARD OF 3 YEAR LEASES?

Not around here, no. Most landlords are on 6 months, 12 if you're lucky, even if you ask (and we have)

If you're young free and single moving around is quite an adventure, when you've got several kids all happy in their current school, moving around is a PITA.. don't underestimate the benefits of a happy wife.

Impossible to 'get on with your lives' without taking out a large debt and being part-owner and part- renter (interest) of a house.

Alas no 3 year leases in this village and the reasons we want to move there I have already pointed out. We will save nearly £200 a month on petrol straight away as schools, work and child minder all walking distance.

Kids come first on this one due to school and their school friends living in said village and if I end up paying over so be it as we will be there for at least the next 20 years.

Also gets the missus of my back :)

Edited by SwampDonkey

Just remember, you are not long property.

You are short fiat.

We're also in the middle of buying, and this was one of the many reasons we took the plunge now.

so, you are starting a business, and feared getting a mortgage after that.

Lets hope you can even pay the mortgage after you start.

Now you can get on with your life.

Same here fellah, good luck to you and your family. Don't worry about prices now as this is where you live and it is for your family.

Not around here, no. Most landlords are on 6 months, 12 if you're lucky, even if you ask (and we have)

If you're young free and single moving around is quite an adventure, when you've got several kids all happy in their current school, moving around is a PITA.. don't underestimate the benefits of a happy wife.

most landlords do what the agent tells them.

most are told that the contract is 6 months or 12 months, and charge a renewal fee for doing so.

Speak with the landlord direct.

All the very best of luck for the future.

Still if you have a small mortgage, you can overpay and you also don't have 100% dead money as with renting. You are paying a proportion of your mortgage, which is a positive point. Also, if rents are a lot higher than what one would pay in a mortgage, it would make sense to buy a property. I don't believe it's as black and white as you are not really an owner.

Looking at starting and will only do so if the sums work.

Have 15 smallish - medium sized companies looking to jump ship from their existing IT support contracts due to por service and working with them to see what myself and a partner can do to satisfy their needs. Bread and butter work to me but need to get them signed up and jobs a good un and a mortgage may be a thing of the past in 5 years anywyay.

Looking at starting and will only do so if the sums work.

Have 15 smallish - medium sized companies looking to jump ship from their existing IT support contracts due to por service and working with them to see what myself and a partner can do to satisfy their needs. Bread and butter work to me but need to get them signed up and jobs a good un and a mortgage may be a thing of the past in 5 years anywyay.

Need a hand?

Colchester.

+ 1

With logic like that you know the country is fecked.

I had an (ex) girlfriend who found out she was loosing her jobs so rushed out to get a mortgage ( self cert ) before she became unemployed. You gotta laugh.

+ 1

With logic like that you know the country is fecked.

I had an (ex) girlfriend who found out she was loosing her jobs so rushed out to get a mortgage ( self cert ) before she became unemployed. You gotta laugh.

SMI makes having a mortgage attractive...if self employed, I think you need to be doing less than 16 hours a week to even qualify, and thats easy if you sell service contracts.