House Price Crash Forum
cashinmattress

Spain Falling To Pieces

This is just a run on Europes assets by various none european banks and 3rd parties, its just state asset stripping on a greater scale like whats been happening to this country. The best thing these countries can do is just default on their debts its simple, screw those that have tried to screw them, and i really think greece should start default proceedings asap. those counties that others like Germany Britain dont have the ability to have surplus food after feeding their nation.

example, privatization of public television

An example the state tax payers building up assets via taxes then they get sold for less than they are worth.

Just tell me why privatisation has cost us so much, isnt it meant to be statte free of funding? is so why has teh sate funded every single company that has been put up for sale in the private sector, its thieft on a grand scale and if the NHS goes private the government will end up funding it to keep the private NHS going.

What government should do it not give any money but reduce their taxes on condition that the reduce bills, some energy companies get back more in tax than tax they paid.

Edited by crash2006

I was in Spain for work last week and the word on the street is that it is typical for government to pay private busineses late and at a high discount. Some of the artisans and small businesses are desperate since this practice has become even more widespread.

They loot and stuff their own pockets until they can. Typical.

Don't worry I'm sure if we just give them more debt we can kick the can a bit further down the road.

This is the game being played but just recently the can seems to have become stuck in sticky tar and we can't kick as far as before, soon we won't be able to kick it any distance at all.

Edited by interestrateripoff

I was in Spain for work last week and the word on the street is that it is typical for government to pay private busineses late and at a high discount. Some of the artisans and small businesses are desperate since this practice has become even more widespread.

They loot and stuff their own pockets until they can. Typical.

Yup. Many small businesses go bust due to late payments by the government. There was talk of a law to force government departments to pay within 30 or 60 days (I can't rememeber the exact figure). That was a few years ago but AFAIK they're still trying to pass it.

Yup. Many small businesses go bust due to late payments by the government. There was talk of a law to force government departments to pay within 30 or 60 days (I can't rememeber the exact figure). That was a few years ago but AFAIK they're still trying to pass it.

It's already passed:

a) From July 7th, 2010 to December 31st, 2011, 85 days maximum term of payment.

b. From January 1st, 2012 to December 31st, 2012, 75 days maximum term of payment

c) After January 1st, 2013, the maximum term of payment will be 60 days.

Full info at the link:

http://www.eurojuris.net/eng/publication-detail.asp?PublicationId=305

Edited by acidreign

Non-payment is part of the Med culture amongst business and Government.

I first went to Spain on business in the late 80's. My first meeting was with a food importer in

Madrid. He gave me 2 pieces of advice:

1) don't try and cross the road in Madrid without a pedestrian crossing

2) don't give open credit to Spanish businesses (including his own, he added).

The same can be said about Portugal, Italy and Greece !