House Price Crash Forum

We are looking to buy a new build currently on at 539950. It was previously on at 579000 and sold (I don't know what for) but it fell through. It has been on a year now. It is part of a small development which the builder has stopped halfway and is recommending this summer. He has built 5 of the 7 houses so far and sold 2. What should we offer?

I know people will say wait and don't buy now but we love it and it is in a village we have been waiting for for ages so we are going to go for it, just want to spend as little as possible. Not planning to move again fir at least 15-20 years!

Thank you for any advice.

My friend is looking at a new build for same money, I wonder if it's the same. In this case the reason they've been on the market so long is due to the proximity to a substation - a few metres away.

We are looking to buy a new build currently on at 539950. It was previously on at 579000 and sold (I don't know what for) but it fell through. It has been on a year now. It is part of a small development which the builder has stopped halfway and is recommending this summer. He has built 5 of the 7 houses so far and sold 2. What should we offer?

I know people will say wait and don't buy now but we love it and it is in a village we have been waiting for for ages so we are going to go for it, just want to spend as little as possible. Not planning to move again fir at least 15-20 years!

Thank you for any advice.

It's an impossible question to answer without more data (not that I suggest you post more data).

In any case, you know the builder is probably under pressure to sell, which gives you the whip hand....

It's not near a substation..... What else do you need to know? I will try to post more if I know it. Just wondered what ballpark I am in really. Property is in lovely, v desirable village on leics/warks border.

If you like it and you're happy to spend that amount of money (or saddlle yourself with that amount of debt) then buy it. If you've got faith in a HPC then don't.

Can you tell me if I should buy shares in BP? Or should I buy a lottery ticket instead?

Are there any pixies in the bottom of the garden of the house you're thinking of buying? If there are then I suggest you buy it.

If you plan to stay there 15 to 20 years, then paying 5% less or more isn’t going to be the end of the world.

I would try and find as many similar properties as you can to guide a fair value...saying that at a ask price of £539k seems silly not to stick to a top price of £499k (just under the 4% SD threshold)

Cheers and good luck

Remember ... a house (home) is much more than a financial transaction...

Something the HPC wishes (just like the get rich investors before them) seem to have lost sight of

Generally speaking, all the people I know who are in the market for £500k + houses don't normally ask HPC posters fir (sic) advice.

Sorry to be a doubting Thomas, but could you actually be a troll in disguise?

cheers

D. Thomas

Edited by johnny5thumbs

I don't know what a troll is...... Just wanted a few ideas how low to offer without being silly. Is well over out budget so probably wishful thinking that we'd get it at all. Thanks for the advice.