House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ill_handle_it

The Office (Uk Version) Vs. The Office (Us Version)

Okay so I've just started watching the US version of The Office. I watched the UK version again just before I started with Steve Carell as Michael Scott. I was naturally surprised the the US version had 7 seasons and thus far I'm just starting season 3.

I have to say that Carell is fantastic,much better than Gervais. Some of the content is culturally specific but that's only to be expected. All of the characters are great especially Dwight Schrute. Overall I'd say this is better than the UK version,not least because it's better acted and has more shows. Well worth a look with well seeded torrents -

Yep once you get the rubbish Season 1 done, the rest has been really good. They are quite different but I love both.

Yep - against all my initial thoughts - I think the US one is far better. Carell is just brilliant.

Agreed - the US Office is far better than the UK one.

From memory it really takes off about half way through the second season. Well worth sticking with.

It's a quantity thing.

US version gave more enjoyment due to the quantity.

But I look forward to watching all of the UK version again, probably next Xmas.

Whereas I won't re-watch the US version.

It's a quantity thing.

US version gave more enjoyment due to the quantity.

But I look forward to watching all of the UK version again, probably next Xmas.

Whereas I won't re-watch the US version.

Classic American show, polished, written by a ton of writers and very tight in production.

Same with countless other American shows no doubt funny but just doesn't have the soul that short run UK shows have IMO.

The UK version was very subtle, for me it's not meant to be laugh out funny (although it is in many places), it's a character piece and the main cast play it brilliantly. If anything Gervais was the worst performer on there, a grotesque exaggeration of somebody people who work in an office can identify, it was Martin Freeman and Mackenzie Crook that were the stars.

Classic American show, polished, written by a ton of writers and very tight in production.

Same with countless other American shows no doubt funny but just doesn't have the soul that short run UK shows have IMO.

The UK version was very subtle, for me it's not meant to be laugh out funny (although it is in many places), it's a character piece and the main cast play it brilliantly. If anything Gervais was the worst performer on there, a grotesque exaggeration of somebody people who work in an office can identify, it was Martin Freeman and Mackenzie Crook that were the stars.

Martin Freeman for me.