House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gruffydd

Buy To Let Promotion - Daily Telegraph

Just read the most blatant piece of property journalism, sorry, buy-to-let propaganda in my life - front page of Torygraph property section.

Ready, Steady, Let - With house prices in seaside towns rising dramatically and good rental income almost guaranteed, buying a holiday home is an increasingly popular way to make money, says Graham Norwood

A few choice extracts - "If you thought Britain's housing market was stagnant, think again." the stayacation...has created high demand in tourism honeypots, with Cornwall attracting the lion's share" [evidence?] "Eagle-eyed buyers have been snapping up cottages" [groan] "People are booking later than ever before, because of uncertainty about jobs, but the end result is that bookings are very strong" [oh I see] So with a hot summer in prospect [according to?] etc. etc. GROAN GROAN GROAN

Edited by gruffydd

it's about the right time - after sharp falls we always get bulls coming back into the market, verbally pronounced in the media, here, and visibly on the street

it's about the right time - after sharp falls we always get bulls coming back into the market, verbally pronounced in the media, here, and visibly on the street

I don't see it happening. What I do see is a concerted propaganda effort to try and boost the housing market.

Oh, I see Mr Norwood has written a book on Property Media Relations. I enjoyed his April effort in the Torygraph - "With signs of recovery in the property market, now is the time to invest" LOL!

Edited by gruffydd

I don't see it happening. What I do see is a concerted propaganda effort to try and boost the housing market.

oh I agree, just don't think they will succeed

Ready, Steady, Let - With house prices in seaside towns rising dramatically and good rental income almost guaranteed, buying a holiday home is an increasingly popular way to make money, says Graham Norwood

Total bull shit.

Southend-on-sea April land registry data -1.4% and It's commutable to London.

What they mean is property prices in seaside towns rose more than other areas in the bubble. So they will fall more too.

oh I agree, just don't think they will succeed

Neither do I but you know what they say about cornered rats fighting the hardest..

I pity the dupes who get sucked in by this **** dressed up as journalism.

Yep, a relation of mine told me that two people have told that prices will rise now. I asked who and he said parents of friends of his (surprise) I said they are just quoting bull shit from the media and unless lending returns to stupid levels, which it won't, prices will fall. But apparently he disagrees. Wants to BTL with his mate next year, reckons it will be in profit in a year or two and then use that to buy another. He already has one house which he lets after buying with his girlfriend and splitting up, the rent doesn't cover the mortgage repayments.

I said unless you an achieve a very good yield and you're not bothered about capital depreciation youre better off with the money in the bank. He doesn't think so. But by the time he gets round to it prices should have fallen more and the NE on his current house building up he might be put off.

Yep, a relation of mine told me that two people have told that prices will rise now. I asked who and he said parents of friends of his (surprise) I said they are just quoting bull shit from the media and unless lending returns to stupid levels, which it won't, prices will fall. But apparently he disagrees. Wants to BTL with his mate next year, reckons it will be in profit in a year or two and then use that to buy another. He already has one house which he lets after buying with his girlfriend and splitting up, the rent doesn't cover the mortgage repayments.

I said unless you an achieve a very good yield and you're not bothered about capital depreciation youre better off with the money in the bank. He doesn't think so. But by the time he gets round to it prices should have fallen more and the NE on his current house building up he might be put off.

Neither do I but you know what they say about cornered rats fighting the hardest..

they're recapitalising the banks and giving me, the taxpayer, my money back

they are literally sacrificing their future earnings, a minority of them, to bail out national debt and the innocent who would have to pay it

they are our saviours, they will be on the treadmill for the coming decades, fine if that's their bag, but they are volunteering to pay off chunks of the national debt, lovely people

I've posted this before but:-

House in Whitby

Same house

You'll need Property Bee to see what I am getting at. B)

Edited to say: I live a few doors away and I've never seen a viewing. Its just sat there for 2 yrs empty, it completely wrong.

When I was a kid, going to for a take away from the Chinese on the Parade was exotic.

To be honest, I would not choose to live along Love Lane. The bulk of the housing is old RAF stock, built to house Fylindales workers in the 50s.

Its very exposed and the wind whistles in a fair old bit. I prefer the eastside. More cozy and you just need a bit of (illegal) razorwire to keep the Hereldale Rd scum off your TV.

Whitby, like all seaside towns, has an amplfied boom. It also has an amplified bust

The amount of unsafe, leverage lending that has been pored into Whitby means that there is a vast stock of housing looking for an exit.

When rates rise it'll be a bloodbath.

I've posted this before but:-

House in Whitby

Same house

You'll need Property Bee to see what I am getting at. B)

Edited to say: I live a few doors away and I've never seen a viewing. Its just sat there for 2 yrs empty.

Just looked at the propertybee history.

I like the attempt to increase the price. Doh!

Looks like they've tried to save the EA fees by going for fixed price cheapo sale. we're noying EA fees. doing nuffin for putting up a photo in the window.

This has all the looks of a properdeee developer. Blame Beeny's chest.

The price is a bit - how do we say - ambitious?

2 years. No sale. Down to the Ea to try and get him to shift it.

ps. whatever came of eddies hunt by the Falcon Inn? I was at a loss to who was responsible - a Porsche crashing into a Range Rover.