House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ungeared

Rooney Has Hair Transplant

My hairline is not dissimilar to Rooney's. Could "they" give me the Tom Cruise fringe I've always craved?

1996_tom_cruise_jerry_maguire.jpg?w=267&h=400

Or maybe a Brad Pitt.

Brad-Pitt-Meet-Joe-Black.jpg

Surely having let me down badly with promises of domed cities on the moon, pills for food and personal jetpacks, Señor science will finally redeem itself in this small area?

Surely having let me down badly with promises of domed cities on the moon, pills for food and personal jetpacks, Señor science will finally redeem itself in this small area?

Gerry Anderson never forsaw the rise of the bankers. If Gerry made kids shows now, Jeff Tracy would have a BTL empire.

And I'm still waiting for the next ice age and "age of leisure" that Raymond Baxter promised me in the 70's.

Gerry Anderson never forsaw the rise of the bankers. If Gerry made kids shows now, Jeff Tracy would have a BTL empire.

But notice that all the Tracy's had full heads of hair, even Jeff.

The only baldy was The Hood --- the villain.

Colonel White, Commander Samuel Shore, Doctor 'Tiger' Ninestein --- all had ample barnets.

Gerry (a long time baldy) was clearly hoping that science would have pulled its socks up by 2027 or whenever.

So couldn't lay off the hair gel for a week or two? Is he an estate agent at heart? :lol:

If he was I can imagine the sales spiel "Ya wanna buy this f*****n house, 'kin mint init; gorra jackoozi n evrythin. Look at them f*****n twigs n stainless steel n glass n that. Yer wha? Yer think the tiger skin 'decors' a 'bit' f*****n 'tasteless' - well f**k youse then yer stuck up T**T!!

But notice that all the Tracy's had full heads of hair, even Jeff.

The only baldy was The Hood --- the villain.

Colonel White, Commander Samuel Shore, Doctor 'Tiger' Ninestein --- all had ample barnets.

Gerry (a long time baldy) was clearly hoping that science would have pulled its socks up by 2027 or whenever.

IIRC Doctor Beaker had a comb over, as did Prof Matthew "Matic."

woodbeakerre.jpg

Master Spy (A prototype The Hood was also a baddy) was a "skinhead."

But didn't quite work out in the 23rd century for Captain Kirk. Hair loss and middle age spread and Bones could do nothing for him!

He was also short sighted, the 23rd century cure being Retinox (according to ST: Wrath of Khan) where he donned "antique" spectacles. Kirk was allergic to retinox. No allergy cures either then!

Also Picard was a baldy!

Think I've done too much telly in my time, to know all this rubbish.sad.gif

Update: Whoops:Matthew Matic had a full head of hair.

The comics of the 60's tended to depict future humans as being very thin, tall, bald with enormous brains. They got the bald bit right anyway.

"Rooney has a Hair Transplant"...You can't polish a Turd!

:lol:

woodbeakerre.jpg

Well that blows my theory straight to hell.

Although that was early on in Gerry's career, maybe he changed his views about science/baldness by the time colour TV came along.

I can certainly sympathize with Kirk these days. I've recently had cataract eye surgery which makes it nigh on impossible for me to focus on anything closer than about 2 feet away without glasses.

I'm a little surprised he's done this. Surely he's able to afford full facial surgery by now?

79-wayne-rooney-balding-transplant-03.jpg

Forget "Face Off". A head swap would be my recommendation.

Bit strange really.

Tevez has great hair and is as ugly as sin. Freddie lundberg is generally considered rather good looking.

Rooney is ugly with or without hair. I guess if he grow's it to cover his face maybe it'll be worth it.

It'll be interesting to see how his transplant works out; getting a transplant at that age is very risky, as you don't know what will happen to the donor site (assuming he's has strip surgery as opposed to follecular unit extraction) and how fast the rest of his hair will dissapear, i.e. how soon it'll be before he needs more transplants.

It's one of the things that always made me wary about hair transplant doctors; they talk about hair at the side and back of the head that is resistant to balding, and hence will always hide any scars - this is ******** in my opinion - I've seen plenty of older men who obviously went bald at a young age who now in their 50's don't have thick enough hair at the back to hide a scar. All hair transplants are risky, cause you don't know what the future will hold.

I wonder too if he's on Propecia - which carries it's own risk (namely impotence and male breast growth).

I've been waiting 35 years for my hair transplant :rolleyes:

"Just to confirm to all my followers I have had a hair transplant. I was going bald at 25 why not," he tweeted.

He was going bald at 17

I wonder too if he's on Propecia - which carries it's own risk (namely impotence and male breast growth).

You've talked me out of it.

In future I'll settle for a Jason Statham haircut.

jason-statham.jpg

Or, more realistically, a Phil Mitchell.

eastenders_phil_mitchell.jpg

You've talked me out of it.

In future I'll settle for a Jason Statham haircut.

Mr Statham has the benefit of being a fairly good looking chap, so I'm sure the ladies won't notice whether he has any hair or not! ;)

Ditto Phil Mitchell.

Well, maybe that's stretching it a bit Mr Bolton! :)

A mate of mine has no hair whatsoever! I think he just shaves and shines his head!

And he's not slim either! Think of a Sontaran warrior in a suit! :huh:

However he is a very amusing and charming bloke, and never short of totty!

He would laugh at Rooney!

Mr Statham has the benefit of being a fairly good looking chap

OK, so he has one teeny weeny advantage over me.

It'll be interesting to see how his transplant works out; getting a transplant at that age is very risky, as you don't know what will happen to the donor site (assuming he's has strip surgery as opposed to follecular unit extraction) and how fast the rest of his hair will dissapear, i.e. how soon it'll be before he needs more transplants.

It's one of the things that always made me wary about hair transplant doctors; they talk about hair at the side and back of the head that is resistant to balding, and hence will always hide any scars - this is ******** in my opinion - I've seen plenty of older men who obviously went bald at a young age who now in their 50's don't have thick enough hair at the back to hide a scar. All hair transplants are risky, cause you don't know what the future will hold.

I vaguely remember reading that the numbers of men suffering the above in the clinical trial were about equal whether they were on the drug or not ;)

All propecia is is 1mg proscar which is prescribed at 5mg for enlarged prostate - something all men eventually sucumb to if they live long enough