House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ken_ichikawa

Cheek B'tards

Over the past few weeks in between the jobs keeping me ticking over (though this week was quite fun as tandem skydive instructors needed somebody to practice with and that somebody was me). I've been applying for jobs, with BUPA, Cooperative, RBS amongst others.

I send an application in and pretty much 2 hours later get a denied email back (I prefer to write tbh). Then I suddenly get a whole load of spam post AND emails regarding products from this company. Automatically filled in with the salary I put on my CV. I played with it a bit and started applying for jobs with fake CVs for 40-100K jobs and exactly the same happened. I got a ton of spam in the purposefully made up email account AND junk mail with offers of credit cards and loans which were semi filled in with this fake identity.

Has anybody else experienced this? Its pretty low for companies to stoop down to this level me thinks.

Heh and they are shooting them selves in the foot tbh, any company which overtly advertises and spams me will never get my business.

Do you know which company?

I use emails like

sarah-bupaobappl@

when I'm filling in forms.. That way I can ID exactly who spammed me and take it up with them.

I do like to sign up for this sort of thing with everyone@companyname

I like to think I'm doing my little bit for making them blacklist their own emails.

Did you perchance accidentally email the wrong address @prospective-employer with your application?

Not that it excuses such a wave of spam. I tend to use throwaway addresses when I'm not sure about someone: addresses I can just delete if the spam starts. To be fair, only a few have actually had to be deleted.