House Price Crash Forum

I went to view this house when we sold up earlier this year. Actually it wasn't too bad inside had virgin cable and was within walking distance but not to close to town.

It really was a toss up between this house and the one we moved to.

It has now been reduced £200/m so I guess they couldn't find non benefit (paying) tenants. :lol:

AND it has had a new kitchen since I viewed in March.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-28346242.html?utm_content=ealertspropertylink&utm_medium=email&utm_source=emailupdates&utm_campaign=userdefinedarea-4m&utm_term=letting&sc_id=5506673

History

date event

04 June 2011 09:54:06

Agent found: G W Finn & Sons

Agents Address found: 1 King Street, Sandwich, CT13 9BY

Agents Location found: Sandwich

Agents Telephone found: 08433146667

Detailed Description found: Available unfurnished, a substantial three bedroom semi detached property being part of an old Victorian Vicarage situated off London Road, River at the end of a private drive. With splendid views to ...

Price changed: £800 £650 pcm

13 February 2011 16:02:20

Price changed: £850 £800 pcm

14 November 2010 11:53:30

Brief Description found: Available unfurnished, a substantial three bedroom semi detached property being part of an old Victorian Vicarage situated off London Road, River at the end of a private drive. With splendid views to ...

Price found: £850 pcm

Status found: Available

Subtitle found: 3 bedroom house

Title found: London Road, River, Dover

PLEASE NOTE: This property is also on the sales market and we cannot therefore guarantee a tenancy of more than six months.

Cant find it though, they must be desperate.

PLEASE NOTE: This property is also on the sales market and we cannot therefore guarantee a tenancy of more than six months.

Translation; We reserve the right to trample all over the tenancy agreement and allow a child in a suit and hairgel to show people around your home as and when we please. We'll get really quite aggressive if you try to resist this.

Translation; We reserve the right to trample all over the tenancy agreement and allow a child in a suit and hairgel to show people around your home as and when we please. We'll get really quite aggressive if you try to resist this.

Then again you get the entertainment value of it dropping in price over the next six months. laugh.gif

Oh yes, that is right, the agent did lie to me.

I was told that the house was not for sale and that it was owned by two school teachers (the Wilsons?) who live in the other side of the rectory.

I later found out it was for sale

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-33228752.html

Just gone up from £650k to £695k. You will not get that even for Dover castle, there just isn't the money in this area.

Don't know what it last sold for,.

I wonder if the reduction in rental price has anything to do with HB cuts?

I suspect it has more to do with it being available for 6 months without interest.

It is actually 1 house partitioned or 2 semi's. They are renting 1/2 @ £650. Does that make the whole house worth 700k? I think not.

The other half is substantially bigger.

Though selling both together is nuts. The number of people prepared to buy both at the same time must be tiny!

I think they are dreaming at this price, the house is very old and cold as it is all single glazed.

£750k could buy this nice house with a garden + swimming pool

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-18558507.html

Or this for 695k with 0.5 arces

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-18839424.html

Or this substantial 8 bedroom house on a 1 acre plot: £650k

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-15217737.html

Or this modern house £575k

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-33891842.html?premiumA=true

Or this place with a nice workshop £539k

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-18208632.html?premiumA=true

I think Smith-Woolley & Perry haven't got a clue allowing them to put this on there books at this price. I would put the lot at around £450k MAX.

Time will be the judge after all it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. ;)

I think Smith-Woolley & Perry haven't got a clue allowing them to put this on there books at this price. I would put the lot at around £450k MAX.

Time will be the judge after all it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. ;)

450! come on all you can get for 450 is a 3 bed terrace these days and count yourself lucky http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-26731291.html

Shhhhh, don't tell the Telegraph - today's headline property article: Ready, Steady, Let - With house prices in seaside towns rising dramatically and good rental income almost guaranteed, buying a holiday home is an increasingly popular way to make money, says Graham Norwood

Any idea what has happened to the Wilsons.

Times gone by you could not escape them in the press "......blah blah....now is the time to buy....racehorses.....700 houses blah blah....... kent high speed rail link......780 houses....... see you in court broken toilet cistern........blah blah top up me pension!....... 815 houses.....Kent.......etc"

Am keen to now what they are up to as ultimately as British Taxpayers through Bradford and Bingley we propped them up and shouldered their losses and if they have or ever sold their portfolio to the mystery Russian Oligarch / Saudi oilman or prem footballer we should be informed as stakeholders

There aren't many in Dover who can afford £850 per month there just isn't the work it is a poor area.

You might have have got someone from Pfizer's to rent it but since that is shutting down I think that the local market will not support this kind of rental price.

The rental marker is very skewed around here. Anything under under or at the magic £650 mark is shitty anything over £650 is respectable, take a look at this:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/find.html?locationIdentifier=OUTCODE^540&maxPrice=900&displayPropertyType=houses&primaryDisplayPropertyType=houses&oldDisplayPropertyType=houses&oldPrimaryDisplayPropertyType=houses&radius=3.0

I think that it is either the housing benefit limit or the BTL going rate for a shitty terrace property. :unsure:

I went to view this house when we sold up earlier this year. Actually it wasn't too bad inside had virgin cable and was within walking distance but not to close to town.

It really was a toss up between this house and the one we moved to.

It has now been reduced £200/m so I guess they couldn't find non benefit (paying) tenants. :lol:

AND it has had a new kitchen since I viewed in March.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-28346242.html?utm_content=ealertspropertylink&utm_medium=email&utm_source=emailupdates&utm_campaign=userdefinedarea-4m&utm_term=letting&sc_id=5506673

History

date event

04 June 2011 09:54:06

Agent found: G W Finn & Sons

Agents Address found: 1 King Street, Sandwich, CT13 9BY

Agents Location found: Sandwich

Agents Telephone found: 08433146667

Detailed Description found: Available unfurnished, a substantial three bedroom semi detached property being part of an old Victorian Vicarage situated off London Road, River at the end of a private drive. With splendid views to ...

Price changed: £800 £650 pcm

13 February 2011 16:02:20

Price changed: £850 £800 pcm

14 November 2010 11:53:30

Brief Description found: Available unfurnished, a substantial three bedroom semi detached property being part of an old Victorian Vicarage situated off London Road, River at the end of a private drive. With splendid views to ...

Price found: £850 pcm

Status found: Available

Subtitle found: 3 bedroom house

Title found: London Road, River, Dover

Yep

The Housing benefit gravy train which has been driving and holding rents up is drying up.

This also looks like a familiar case of Can't sell- Can't rent what do i do next.

The Housing benefit gravy train which has been driving and holding rents up is drying up.

Nothing to do with Housing Benefit. That's another HPC myth promulgated by uninformed posters based on prejudice rather than evidence. This asking rent is above the LHA rate (see previous post) and most likely not available to an existing HB claimant anyway.

Nothing to do with Housing Benefit. That's another HPC myth promulgated by uninformed posters based on prejudice rather than evidence. This asking rent is above the LHA rate (see previous post) and most likely not available to an existing HB claimant anyway.

I am afraid you are wrong my friend, local housing benefits have outstripped local authority council rents and regulated rents in many areas, the goverment have recognised this and are capping these benefits as these caused BTLers to pay silly money for properties which were overvalued purly because they knew they would get guaranteed housing benefit payments.

I know many cases were working youngsters were competing against benefit claimants to be able to rent a home.It is wrong when someone who is working is strugling not only to buy a home ,but also to be able to rent a home.It had to end sometime.