House Price Crash Forum

Here's A New One !

HOLA441
HOLA442

There are so many irregularities in that listing, that it would make me run a mile. For starters, nine pictures and eight of them are of the outside grounds. No floor plan. Flooding from that stream anyone ?

HOLA443
HOLA444

Haha, what happens if they don't sell it this month? Does it explode or something?

Or just depreciate in 'value' like the rest of the market should.

Who actually falls for these marketing tactics?

£1000 buyer's incentive? Why not just knock the cash off in the first place?

HOLA445

There are so many irregularities in that listing, that it would make me run a mile. For starters, nine pictures and eight of them are of the outside grounds. No floor plan. Flooding from that stream anyone ?

Yes, I thought that, when it rains up there on Exmoor it certainly rains, and those babbling brooks can turn into torents, I too was also disappointed by the lack of pictures and a floorplan, but that still doesn't get around the problem that it's an hour from civilisation.

What I am interested in is the 'MUST SELL THIS MONTH !!' technique, will it work ?,

Also, check it on bee, it's been reduced by £100k

:D:D

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Last time I went to see a house was about 6 months ago.

Anywyay, was overpriced (what else would it be on HPC?) so I told tehe agent I liked it had the money but was too expensive. She said whats your price. I told her the low offer and she said not really worth bothering putting that in so I said fair enough and didn't bother.

Anyway, yesterday she rings my answerphone, apparently they've got "lot's of new properties on their books that I may be interested in".

They must be really desparate if they are dredging up leads like me. Agents must be hurting big time.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Nice looking house, but I'm really not fancying the hours drive to the nearest supermarket / motorway, so sorry I'm out.

Contention between me and the missus, I'd happily live in the middle of nowhere, she wants to be minutes from being able to buy stuff.. I wonder if Tesco will deliver there !

As for heating, shame there's not enough land to have your own wood supply

HOLA4414

A bit of a reversal for whoever bought it in 2009.

22/09/2009 £370,000

http://www.housepric....php?q=TA23+0SN

yes must have been popping corks when the EA said put it on for £430k last November :lol: If they'd only just tried to get their money back rather than be greedy :rolleyes:

From the listing i'm thinking this might actually be a semi detached. Would spoil the tranquillity to have the mad woodsman still living next door

axe-going-thru-door-lrg.png

HOLA4415

From the listing i'm thinking this might actually be a semi detached. Would spoil the tranquillity to have the mad woodsman still living next door

I'll go on a recce later.

HOLA4416

I'll go on a recce later.

And please keep us updated with how this pans out next month. Every time I read threads like this, I'm always keen to find out what happens but rarely do we get to know.

Wonder if it's worth offering them 90K on June 30th?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

If you do have a neighbour, then that can be a problem out there. A relative lives out in the sticks in a farmhouse, the next neighbour is a real grumpy weird B*stard but at least they are in the next plot.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

yes must have been popping corks when the EA said put it on for £430k last November :lol: If they'd only just tried to get their money back rather than be greedy :rolleyes:

axe-going-thru-door-lrg.png

Refer to the film Deliverance. Yes there are UK hillbillys playing banjos in the sticks.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

"£1000 BUYER'S INCENTIVE AVAILABLE (subject to terms and conditions)"

Oh gee thanks, that'll really make a dent in the 320 thousand pounds sterling wanted for the simple pleasure of having a house. When it's time to sell my car, I'll be sure to offer a tenner INCENTIVE AVAILABLE. After having added a good 50% a year increment in value - because I'm goddamed worth it!

HOLA4424

And please keep us updated with how this pans out next month. Every time I read threads like this, I'm always keen to find out what happens but rarely do we get to know.

To date all the saved houses i have on rightmove are these comedy offerings, like to check in now and again for a drop of schadenfreude

HOLA4425