House Price Crash Forum
Realistbear

Inflation Pressure Is Easing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13642532

UK economy seeing weak growth, PMI surveys indicate Weak consumer spending is expected to hold back growth
Manufacturing growth slows again
Property prices 'drifting lower'
Hard times ahead, economist warns
The UK's economy is experiencing weak growth but inflation pressures have eased, research firm Markit has said.
The firm, which compiles the closely-watched purchasing managers' indexes (PMI), said the recent surveys indicated that UK growth in the second quarter was unlikely to exceed 0.3%.
However, easing inflation meant that an early rate rise was less likely.

With global economies slowing, Soros dumping and jobless families increasing it is hard to see how they can keep putting up prices. Especially when wages are either declinging due to joblessness or going nowehere due to lack of growth and profits.

Bubbles will be popping soon.

UK economy seeing weak growth, PMI surveys indicate Weak consumer spending is expected to hold back growth
The UK's economy is experiencing weak growth but inflation pressures have eased, research firm Markit has said.
The firm, which compiles the closely-watched purchasing managers' indexes (PMI), said the recent surveys indicated that UK growth in the second quarter was unlikely to exceed 0.3%.

With global economies slowing, Soros dumping and jobless families increasing it is hard to see how they can keep putting up prices. Especially when wages are either declinging due to joblessness or going nowehere due to lack of growth and profits.

High, unpayable prices are deflationary.

Got it.

What's the money supply up to?

They will fight it with the only weapon they have - the printing press.

Prepare for QE3, 4, 5 etc.

Quick i'm off to the jewellers, gotta get meself sum Bling man, before they run out or before it goes to the moon?

High, unpayable prices are deflationary.

Got it.

What's the money supply up to?

RB, he has a point, where there is positive money flowing there ain't no deflation, printing is positive, its forcing something northwards.......

Quick i'm off to the jewellers, gotta get meself sum Bling man, before they run out or before it goes to the moon?

Wheat, oil, natural gas etc will serve the purpose as well.

[/indent]

The thought of which has put me off my tea.

Extremely unlikely with £150bn deficit continue to run..

Deflation? Been down the supermarket lately?

yeah, houses, cars, lorries, land...all cheaper.

Feels deflationary to me, at least for big ticket items that are usually bought with borrowed money.

The thing is what are TPTB going to do about it? Are the banks strong enough now to take the onslaught of defaults?

The thing is what are TPTB going to do about it? Are the banks strong enough now to take the onslaught of defaults?

sure they are...a default means they arent getting money in they expected....its no problem for them whatsoever...unless they want to play games and buy possessions with Shells, which is expensive for them but is a fraudulent tool they use prop up market values.

How will we ever get deflation when the BOE is deliberately engineering inflation.

The risk is Stagflation which we are already in fact experiencing.

:blink:

Deflation? Been down the supermarket lately?

Funny you should say that. McVities have tanked--below £1 a large pack!

People without cannot spend and grocers can only sell when people spend.

A global economic meltdown is brewing and that means crashing prices--for everything. Without inflationary wage hike sprices are going nowhere but south. And due south very soon. The bond markets never lie and George Soros didn't get rich selling at the bottom.

Gut feeling is based on a lifetime's experiences that you can't quite put your finger on, but you feel something and my gut is screaming deflation.

Funny you should say that. McVities have tanked--below £1 a large pack!

Probably along with the pack size. Don't taste like sawdust by any chance do they?

People without cannot spend and grocers can only sell when people spend.

Grocers adapt, the fresh stuff goes and the rubbish replaces it (in smaller packs than before).

A global economic meltdown is brewing and that means crashing prices--for everything. Without inflationary wage hike sprices are going nowhere but south. And due south very soon. The bond markets never lie and George Soros didn't get rich selling at the bottom.

Everything is going down and a pile of paper, the paper you earned for doing a real days work is going to be worth more? I like your thinking, but I'll believe it when I see it.

STAGFLATION !

EXACTLY.

Feels deflationary to me, at least for big ticket items that are usually bought with borrowed money.

This is house price crash, everybody expects house prices to crash. That doesn't mean we have deflation (in anything other than big ticket items).

yeah, houses, cars, lorries, land...all cheaper.

Do they stick those 'in the basket' and report that we have deflation? No.

Inflation, CPI index up to 4.5 percent.

Someone else said with the state of the economy how it is they don't know how they can put prices up. It's simple, goods from overseas cost more, they have to make a profit, they put the prices up. They're mainly staples, people are going to buy them anyway or, if they can't, tough luck, we just won't buy them in for you.

Posters should really decide whether inflation/deflation means prices of stuff in the basket going up or down, or something different, like changes in money supply , asset values increasing/tanking etc.

Gut feeling is based on a lifetime's experiences that you can't quite put your finger on, but you feel something and my gut is screaming deflation.

So has mine and I think for good reason but every time we begin to get there these b*stards come up with something new to stop the process and make us that little bit poorer at the same time.

I'm curious as to what's next, if anything.

So has mine and I think for good reason but every time we begin to get there these b*stards come up with something new to stop the process and make us that little bit poorer at the same time.

I'm curious as to what's next, if anything.

I'm going with my gut. Savings for big ticket items and, in due course, state pension for food and wine etc.