House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darkman

"secret Of The £400 Million Tycoon Who Does Not Know How To Read"

The self-made British mogul, conservatively said to be worth £400million and ranked 200th on the Rich List, is about to describe his "secret shame" for the first time - he has never learned to read. He is prepared to talk about his "darkest secret" to help expose the scandal of illiteracy in London. "I am doing it because the Evening Standard's exposé has moved and shocked me. I am amazed to see the problem in our schools is still so bad. I'd hate any kid to go through what I have," he said

Before I even read the article I just knew. How could someone really be so successful in the UK without being able to read?

Come on now, you know the answer. Guess how he made his money before checking the link...

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23956110-a-pound-400m-property-empire-three-jets-and-a-yacht-but-my-secret-shame-is-i-cant-read.do

Meh you always get a few of these types though.. The kind who put pretty much put everything on Black at the roulette table and win big. What it doesn't talk about is all the losers.

He sold at the right time though. He could be one of us - if he has one of those Stephen Hawking text-to-speech thingies.

True, true. The question is, if he's one of us which one is he?

True, true. The question is, if he's one of us which one is he?

Is this ******ing thing on or not? Testing? ******s sake.

double you double you double you dot...

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,

Enwrought with golden and silver light,

The blue and the dim and the dark cloths

Of night and light and the half-light,

I would spread the cloths under your feet:

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;

I have spread my dreams under your feet;

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Yeats.

I'd rather be able to read than have all that money. Why hasn't he learnt to read? Or has he?

I'd rather be able to read than have all that money. Why hasn't he learnt to read? Or has he?

Reading his story, it sounds like he has serious dyslexia. I know a professor of economics whose dyslexia is so bad it takes him days and days to read a paper. If you had that much trouble and you could avoid the issue, I suspect you would. I doubt anyone would go to the trouble of developing a "photographic" memory, rely on their secretary to read their e-mails to them and all other sorts of work arounds if instead they could "just" learn to read. It isn't as if the fellow isn't dedicated, organised and hard working.

Reading his story, it sounds like he has serious dyslexia. I know a professor of economics whose dyslexia is so bad it takes him days and days to read a paper. If you had that much trouble and you could avoid the issue, I suspect you would. I doubt anyone would go to the trouble of developing a "photographic" memory, rely on their secretary to read their e-mails to them and all other sorts of work arounds if instead they could "just" learn to read. It isn't as if the fellow isn't dedicated, organised and hard working.

Ah, that will teach me to actually read the aticle :rolleyes:

It seems totally implausible to me that by now he hasn't:

1 - contravened some legislation leaving him open to disasterous lawsuits;

2 - been ripped off of every last penny by an associate.

I can only conclude that he has been excessively lucky.

Blame it on your dyslexia. It works wonders in the modern schooling system.

Its nothing new though, apparently in my class of 34 in the mid 1990s 14 of those people claimed they were dyslexic and would mention it as often as possible. This was repeated across all the other classes as well!

Its nothing new though, apparently in my class of 34 in the mid 1990s 14 of those people claimed they were dyslexic and would mention it as often as possible. This was repeated across all the other classes as well!

ah, the good old days when when kids simply couldnt read because of lisdexlia.

Now kids cant even sit still anymore because they all have ADHD.

I dread to think what excuse affliction our grandchildren's generation will have to cause even worse behavior.

ah, the good old days when when kids simply couldnt read because of lisdexlia.

Now kids cant even sit still anymore because they all have ADHD.

I dread to think what excuse affliction our grandchildren's generation will have to cause even worse behavior.

The afflictions will depend on the effects of the drugs discovered and patented between now and then.