House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lovelyhead

Other People's Children

Is it just me or do you get annoyed at having to tolerate other people's children.

No, it isn't just you. Like other peoples' pets, other peoples' children are HELL ON WHEELS!:blink:

But what's made you say this?:ph34r:

Is it just me or do you get annoyed at having to tolerate other people's children.

You've obviously got a story to get off your chest.. why not share? :D

No, it isn't just you. Like other peoples' pets, other peoples' children are HELL ON WHEELS!:blink:

But what's made you say this?:ph34r:

Permission to moan.

We have an area of grass outside or house that the kids have decided they are going to use as a football pitch. It is the only bit of flat ground in the scheme I live in. My main gripe is that this area of grass is perfectly level with our living room window and also with the kids goal posts. The ball has hit our window on multiple occasions. We let it go the first few times but when this continued we asked the kids politely to move their goal posts away from our window. These requests were ignored. On one occasion the ball damaged a garden ornament so I took their ball and demanded they move the goals away from our house. I told them that the ball would be returned as soon as they moved the goals. Perhaps this was the wrong thing to do but we were at the end of our tether. This course of action backfired when instead of moving the goals away one of the boys Mother stormed down demanding the ball back. When we tried to explain the reason we took the ball we were showered with abuse and she informed us that she was going to give the kids another ball to play with, which she promptly did. She also made it clear to us that she felt that her kids where perfectly entitled to play football there and if our window was being hit continually then that was our tough luck. There is already a No Ball Games sign in place, but when we pointed that out to her she claimed that didn't apply to the grass outside our house. Clearly we are not going to resolve the problem by talking to the parents.

I've attached a photo of the grass in question.

DSCN0049.JPG

post-10112-0-23792000-1307049092_thumb.jpg

Wow.. what a cow.

Have you tried kicking a (muddy) ball repeatedly at her window yet? :blink:

The grown up thing to do would probably be to go around there and talk to her. And again. And again. And again. Until she gets so sick of you ringing her door bell and asking to chat about it that she gives in and tells the kids to stop doing it. Being nice but persistent is probably the only way.

Wow.. what a cow.

Have you tried kicking a (muddy) ball repeatedly at her window yet? :blink:

The grown up thing to do would probably be to go around there and talk to her. And again. And again. And again. Until she gets so sick of you ringing her door bell and asking to chat about it that she gives in and tells the kids to stop doing it. Being nice but persistent is probably the only way.

The problem is that it's not just her children. Plus she is a complete psycho.

I was talking to my postman about it and he came up with the idea of asking my local council to add some bushes to the grass area. I have emailed them about it but no reply so far.

I really feel for people that have to deal with proper anti social behavior. This relatively trivial problem is driving me nuts. It's no wonder some people flip out.

Kids out kicking a ball around on the grass in the sunshine.

Don't they know they should be loitering outside the off-licence or indoors playing video games.

Don't they know they should be loitering outside the off-licence or indoors playing video games.

I was expecting a reply like that! :D I also work from home so I'm anxious from 3PM until 9PM when they go home. School holidays are soon too :ph34r:

:lol:

Agreed.. all good stuff. But when I was a kid I would have got a rollocking for kicking my ball at a neighbours window.

I some how doubt you would be quite so Buddhist if it was your window ;)

The problem is that it's not just her children. Plus she is a complete psycho.

I was talking to my postman about it and he came up with the idea of asking my local council to add some bushes to the grass area. I have emailed them about it but no reply so far.

I really feel for people that have to deal with proper anti social behavior. This relatively trivial problem is driving me nuts. It's no wonder some people flip out.

Be careful, it's so called trivial problems like yours that escalate into targetted anti social behaviour. This is going to sound sick but if you have a dog or have a friend who has a dog, get them to save up some bagged dog shite and at night place the shit on the grassed area. Also dig some small holes all over and through fear of busting an ankle they will play footy elsewhere.

You can also purchase those anti kid deterants that are placed outside some shopping precincts. Adults can not hear them but it's an annoying whining pitched noise to children under a certain age.

By the way, your problem is not trivial. It's stressful and frustrating.

Good luck

Be careful, it's so called trivial problems like yours that escalate into targetted anti social behaviour. This is going to sound sick but if you have a dog or have a friend who has a dog, get them to save up some bagged dog shite and at night place the shit on the grassed area. Also dig some small holes all over and through fear of busting an ankle they will play footy elsewhere.

You can also purchase those anti kid deterants that are placed outside some shopping precincts. Adults can not hear them but it's an annoying whining pitched noise to children under a certain age.

Good luck

The dog idea did enter my head...

Can I add spikes in the holes?

I've been thinking about passive ways of making the kids not want to play here. Like you say, you don't want to become a target.

:lol:

Agreed.. all good stuff. But when I was a kid I would have got a rollocking for kicking my ball at a neighbours window.

I some how doubt you would be quite so Buddhist if it was your window ;)

My Cotswold's village has no social housing and would be out of reach to the average young family.

Perhaps a career change to Guardian columnist, for me.

_____

Ignoring the OPs problems, I do think there's an issue with curtain twitchers complaining every time young people are out doing something independently and then society complaining 'young people are useless and can't do anything independently'

Build a go kart to race along the pavement these days and I'd give it 5 minutes before a PCSO would turn up in response to someone's call.

Permission to moan.

We have an area of grass outside or house that the kids have decided they are going to use as a football pitch. It is the only bit of flat ground in the scheme I live in. My main gripe is that this area of grass is perfectly level with our living room window and also with the kids goal posts. The ball has hit our window on multiple occasions. We let it go the first few times but when this continued we asked the kids politely to move their goal posts away from our window. These requests were ignored. On one occasion the ball damaged a garden ornament so I took their ball and demanded they move the goals away from our house. I told them that the ball would be returned as soon as they moved the goals. Perhaps this was the wrong thing to do but we were at the end of our tether. This course of action backfired when instead of moving the goals away one of the boys Mother stormed down demanding the ball back. When we tried to explain the reason we took the ball we were showered with abuse and she informed us that she was going to give the kids another ball to play with, which she promptly did. She also made it clear to us that she felt that her kids where perfectly entitled to play football there and if our window was being hit continually then that was our tough luck. There is already a No Ball Games sign in place, but when we pointed that out to her she claimed that didn't apply to the grass outside our house. Clearly we are not going to resolve the problem by talking to the parents.

My brothers quite good with these things. You just have to be (or pretend to be) crazer than her.

My guess is my brother would have said....wait. gone to get the ball which he would have cut up bad and handed it back to her still holding the knife

Depending on how chavs the kids are you can always just hose them down. If patents come to complain hose them too. they wount be back.

Ofcourse if its ghetto and the kids are ghetto it will result in many a brick through your window.

You could probably get a kids football goal with a net from Argos for £20 and let them store it in you front garden.

Obviously it's not a win over the obnoxious mother (who knows she a pish poor parent that's why they go nuts defending their kids) but, you can ensure it's positioned so they cause the least nuisance and might avoid an unpleasant feud that lasts years.

There's no reason why you should/ought to do this but it could be the least unpleasant for you - a some point summer will be over/they'll grow up.

Edit to add: Assume we is male/female partners as buying stuff for stranger's kids will probably see you immediately arrested as a suspected paedophile these days.

"Hell is other people's children"

Jean-Paul Sartre (1905-1980)

Considering paedophiles ought to go straight to hell, it sounds like that might not be such a good idea.

You could probably get a kids football goal with a net from Argos for £20 and let them store it in you front garden.

Obviously it's not a win over the obnoxious mother (who knows she a pish poor parent that's why they go nuts defending their kids) but, you can ensure it's positioned so they cause the least nuisance and might avoid an unpleasant feud that lasts years.

There's no reason why you should/ought to do this but it could be the least unpleasant for you - a some point summer will be over/they'll grow up.

Edit to add: Assume we is male/female partners as buying stuff for stranger's kids will probably see you immediately arrested as a suspected paedophile these days.

The kids actually have a set of goals they bring down. Problem is they can't shoot straight.

Considering paedophiles ought to go straight to hell, it sounds like that might not be such a good idea.

Well Sartre was French.

I would move those two slabs of concrete they have been using for goalposts. If shit escalates you may find them through your window.

Try the dog shit approach. It will work.

Is there a possibilty of sticking a net up to stop the ball hitting your window or entering the garden?... I have an evil mind. Buy condoms and drip a bit of milk inside a chuck them on the grass. Buy some needles, cut off the ends and make them safe but the image of a couple of used junkie needles will also do the trick and even the nutty mother will consider it dangerous for young Tyson.

I would move those two slabs of concrete they have been using for goalposts. If shit escalates you may find them through your window.

Try the dog shit approach. It will work.

Is there a possibilty of sticking a net up to stop the ball hitting your window or entering the garden?... I have an evil mind. Buy condoms and drip a bit of milk inside a chuck them on the grass. Buy some needles, cut off the ends and make them safe but the image of a couple of used junkie needles will also do the trick and even the nutty mother will consider it dangerous for young Tyson.

You sir have a sick mind, but I love it! :P

The condom idea is a good one. No chance of anyone getting hurt with that.

Any other ideas anyone?

Many children I meet today would make Shirley Temple when a child star appear ordinary. A new word replacing precocious is required as I am amazed at the strange names they give to their sprogs today. :rolleyes:

I observed at a bus stop a young boy I would say about 10 years of age with a Blackberry mobile, well said Mum to I suppose was a friend he so clever he deserves the best, last month his bill came to £40 but he is worth it. :blink:

Credit where credit is due. Paedophiles don't mind kids playing outside their window.

Good luck

Gary in Lycra ?

douchebag.jpg

Gary in Lycra ?

douchebag.jpg

Very good Mr CCC! :D:o

That's the way to scare parents! :ph34r: