House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nowhere To Go

Houses Not Selling - Lets Swap Estate Agents

I don't know how long this property will stay listed on Rightmove as the vendors who have had it listd since October without selling have decided to switch estate agents but have had the briliiant idea to increase the price by 5k in the process!

There is no no hope!!!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=POSTCODE^454313&insId=2&includeSSTC=true&_includeSSTC=on

I don't know how long this property will stay listed on Rightmove as the vendors who have had it listd since October without selling have decided to switch estate agents but have had the briliiant idea to increase the price by 5k in the process!

There is no no hope!!!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=POSTCODE^454313&insId=2&includeSSTC=true&_includeSSTC=on

flat around the corner - FIVE different agents in past 4 months. Same asking price. :blink:

flat around the corner - FIVE different agents in past 4 months. Same asking price. :blink:

And yet still no sale. Must be down to good weather/bad weather/royal weddings/not enough bank holidays etc... :rolleyes:

There is no no hope!!!

My neighbour did this a few weeks back. It had been on the market for 3 months with no interest, so changed agent and put it up 5K. Is it because we are in the vibrant Spring market? he still has no interest as far as I know.

I'm afraid these transactions need a BUYER. It's the final phase of the transaction! :blink:

The AGENT doesn't matter!

My neighbour did this a few weeks back. It had been on the market for 3 months with no interest, so changed agent and put it up 5K. Is it because we are in the vibrant Spring market? he still has no interest as far as I know.

Its an old sales trick...make the object even more unavailable, makes it more alluring and the prospect will bend over to get the extra money, just to prove he is man enough to do it.....

Banks used to agree to this as it is the very basis of a Ponzi scheme, but they have been found out.

Its an old sales trick...make the object even more unavailable, makes it more alluring and the prospect will bend over to get the extra money, just to prove he is man enough to do it.....

Banks used to agree to this as it is the very basis of a Ponzi scheme, but they have been found out.

It's called 'insult selling'.

It's called 'insult selling'.

happens a lot in the artworld.

I googled "insult selling" and this post was the first hit.

http://ths.gardenweb...4010725042.html

Full of don't drop your price and lower the tone of the neighbourhood. My house is worth so much more etc.

""We are in a very desirable subdivision. The view from all of our rooms is fantastic (lake and mountains)."

She clearly forgot to mention the savanah plains with herds of wildebeest.

If it's any minute comfort, I know of one that was on for months with Foxton's at £325K.

Recently on with another at £295,950. EA told me the other day that they just 'sold' it (i.e. accepted an offer, For Sale board still outside) for £290K. I shall keep an eye on it.

This is SW London.

I googled "insult selling" and this post was the first hit.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/realestate/msg0914010725042.html

Full of don't drop your price and lower the tone of the neighbourhood. My house is worth so much more etc.

That Gardenweb thread is fantastic - delusional OP and then twenty or thirty sensible people pile in to put her right. Lots of sense there. I like 'To even have a lowball offer, you must first have multiple offers. Then, the lowest one becomes your lowball. Since this is your only offer, it is merely a low offer and not a lowball offer.

As far an insult goes, I doubt the garden web ethos would permit me to demonstrate an actual instance of insulting, but suffice it to say a low offer doesn't qualify.'

LOL.