House Price Crash Forum

Hayfever

Ash4781

Most years I don't get hayfever but this week has been the worst hayfever period I can remember. Quite a few at work, and family members are suffering with hayfever too.

Anyone else? Presume it's the dry weather.

To be fair different people are allergic to different plants, so it will not effect everyone equally.

Here's a helpful little list for you:

The Pollen Calendar

January: Hazel

February: Alder

March: Willow

April: Silver Birch (an estimated 15–20% of hay fever sufferers sensitive to birch pollen grains)

May: Horse Chestnut - flowers early or late spring, also look out for oil-seed rape.

June: Rye grass

July: Cocksfoot Grass - Pollinating between June and September. (estimated 90% of hay fever sufferers are allergic to grass pollen)

August: Mugwort

September: Nettle

October: "House dust mite"

November: Oyster Mushroom - forms clusters on trunks of broad-leafed trees, especially beech.

December: Norway Spruce

I never get hay fever, but last year I could not stop my nose running - then my colleague gave me a pill and it went that evening. I had a running nose for a few days until I remembered I have slight hay fever... all stopped now though.

Most years I don't get hayfever but this week has been the worst hayfever period I can remember. Quite a few at work, and family members are suffering with hayfever too.

Anyone else? Presume it's the dry weather.

For the first time in my life. Triggered a rather scary asthma attack too - first time as well. Doc said he'd had far more new cases that usual.

Tesco's own brand Cetirizine 10mg tabs are £1 for 14. About 1/5th the cost of the well known products. They've worked for me.

Not that I am usually into this stuff - I use homeopathic stuff for hayfever. Works for me better than anything else. And I have tried the lot. Cheap as too.

Archived