House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ash4781

Hayfever

Most years I don't get hayfever but this week has been the worst hayfever period I can remember. Quite a few at work, and family members are suffering with hayfever too.

Anyone else? Presume it's the dry weather.

I used to get hay fever quite a lot as a kid, but as I've grown older, the problem has faded away.

Had the odd sneeze today but nothing unusual TBH.

I take prescription medication [Mizolastine] for hay fever. It is so effective that normally I'm asymptomatic. This year, my eyes have been running non-stop.<_<

To be fair different people are allergic to different plants, so it will not effect everyone equally.

Here's a helpful little list for you:

The Pollen Calendar

January: Hazel

February: Alder

March: Willow

April: Silver Birch (an estimated 15–20% of hay fever sufferers sensitive to birch pollen grains)

May: Horse Chestnut - flowers early or late spring, also look out for oil-seed rape.

June: Rye grass

July: Cocksfoot Grass - Pollinating between June and September. (estimated 90% of hay fever sufferers are allergic to grass pollen)

August: Mugwort

September: Nettle

October: "House dust mite"

November: Oyster Mushroom - forms clusters on trunks of broad-leafed trees, especially beech.

December: Norway Spruce

I never get hay fever, but last year I could not stop my nose running - then my colleague gave me a pill and it went that evening. I had a running nose for a few days until I remembered I have slight hay fever... all stopped now though.

Most years I don't get hayfever but this week has been the worst hayfever period I can remember. Quite a few at work, and family members are suffering with hayfever too.

Anyone else? Presume it's the dry weather.

For the first time in my life. Triggered a rather scary asthma attack too - first time as well. Doc said he'd had far more new cases that usual.

Tesco's own brand Cetirizine 10mg tabs are £1 for 14. About 1/5th the cost of the well known products. They've worked for me.

Yeah, I have had to take anti-histamines twice this week, usually I get by without.

Deffo go for the cheapo supermarket stuff rather than mega-rip off Piriton etc.

Not that I am usually into this stuff - I use homeopathic stuff for hayfever. Works for me better than anything else. And I have tried the lot. Cheap as too.

Deffo go for the cheapo supermarket stuff rather than mega-rip off Piriton etc.

+1

Asda are even cheaper, or they were when I went in and got 10 packets...

Go for the non-drowsy ones unless you like that kind of trip!