House Price Crash Forum

Consumer Goods That Are Cheaper In The Usa Than Uk

blobloblob

HOLA441

By some quirk of fate I find myself having to go to the USA with 2 full suitcases but return with one full and one empty. Under the circumstances, what should I buy over there to fill up the empty suitcase, that I can subsequently sell for a profit back here? Ugg boots appears to be the best suggestion so far.

HOLA442

By some quirk of fate I find myself having to go to the USA with 2 full suitcases but return with one full and one empty. Under the circumstances, what should I buy over there to fill up the empty suitcase, that I can subsequently sell for a profit back here? Ugg boots appears to be the best suggestion so far.

Jeans/Denims are usually a good bet.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Skydive equipment, seriously. In the UK a Cypres 2 or a Vigil 2 is £1050. In the USA it is $1150. £718.75 RETAIL. They are the size of a cig packet and you can sell them on for about £900 each. If you buy a load of them they can go as low as £500. Thus you can make £350-£400 profit on EACH one.

YOu can stick about 200 in a suitcase. needs a big capital outlay though.

HOLA446

If you can fit a house in your suitcase, you're going to be quids in!

HOLA447

If you can fit a house in your suitcase, you're going to be quids in!

Oh how I wish that were a practical idea. I look at US house prices and think to myself "you lucky £$%^&s".

Cypres 2 or a Vigil 2

Looks good but pricey. Maybe if I can sell my house quickly ...

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest eight

Marcellus Wallace's soul.

eight

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I buy all my clothes over there. Much cheaper. In fact if you discount the amount you save off the air ticket it looks pretty good.

However, I haven't managed to get over there for 18 months either for holiday or work, so I now look like a tramp.

I feel a trip to vegas coming on.

I went in Jan some sale stuff in bloomingdales, got 5 shirts, pair of jeans and a jumper, all Ralph Lauren for about 100quid, pair of Italian leather, rabbit fur lined gloves for about 25 quid. My wife bought some uggs. Paid 220 DOLLARS when the UK price was 230 QUID!

HOLA4413

Skydive equipment, seriously. In the UK a Cypres 2 or a Vigil 2 is £1050. In the USA it is $1150. £718.75 RETAIL. They are the size of a cig packet and you can sell them on for about £900 each. If you buy a load of them they can go as low as £500. Thus you can make £350-£400 profit on EACH one.

YOu can stick about 200 in a suitcase. needs a big capital outlay though.

What happens when customs pull you over.... customs/import charges and VAT will destroy any profit regardless of whether you get in trouble or not.

Go for stuff which is explainable I would say, clothes, the odd gadget. But not a ton of the same thing just on the off chance you get pulled over.

HOLA4414

I went in Jan some sale stuff in bloomingdales, got 5 shirts, pair of jeans and a jumper, all Ralph Lauren for about 100quid, pair of Italian leather, rabbit fur lined gloves for about 25 quid. My wife bought some uggs. Paid 220 DOLLARS when the UK price was 230 QUID!

Right. That's my experience, you get the same in dollars as you pay in pounds over here.

I always go for clothes. Take two suitcases and buy as many as I can cram in. Normally leave the old clothes over there too -only take a small amount for day 1 and 2.

Unlikely that customs will nail you, but I always wear the stuff while I am over there and throw away the receipts/labels so they don't open a suitcase full of shiny plastic bags full of clothes with the labels still on them.

HOLA4415

What happens when customs pull you over.... customs/import charges and VAT will destroy any profit regardless of whether you get in trouble or not.

Go for stuff which is explainable I would say, clothes, the odd gadget. But not a ton of the same thing just on the off chance you get pulled over.

Cough cough they are 'replacement' parts and they are also life saving equipment.

Archived