House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

Cheap Beer Offer Has Scots Rushing

There's a Frankie Boyle joke in there somewhere I'm just trying to think of it.

"One customer said the situation was "bedlam" as people phoned their friends and some went home to change clothing to come back and buy more beer."

I'm not sure I understand that ? Did they wet themselves with excitement ?

"One customer said the situation was "bedlam" as people phoned their friends and some went home to change clothing to come back and buy more beer."

I'm not sure I understand that ? Did they wet themselves with excitement ?

I expect they were paranoid enough to think they'd be recognised. Even at the 'proper' price, there is often a limit on the number of crates you can buy. Sainsburys near me were selling Becks at £6.99 for 15 x 275ml bottles last month. There was a limit of 3 crates per customer,which was enough in one go for me anyway.

Supermarkets serve hundreds of people per hour so unless they were very conspicuous (what was I thinking this was Scotland :blink: ), just waiting 15 minutes and going around again would probably been OK, especially if you pay cash.

I expect they were paranoid enough to think they'd be recognised. Even at the 'proper' price, there is often a limit on the number of crates you can buy. Sainsburys near me were selling Becks at £6.99 for 15 x 275ml bottles last month. There was a limit of 3 crates per customer,which was enough in one go for me anyway.

Supermarkets serve hundreds of people per hour so unless they were very conspicuous (what was I thinking this was Scotland :blink: ), just waiting 15 minutes and going around again would probably been OK, especially if you pay cash.

7.26 pints for £7 isn't cheap.

The tesco offer works out about 33p per pint, which is cheap as it is below the amount of duty on a pint in the first place. However you can brew your own beer for cheaper...

7.26 pints for £7 isn't cheap.

The tesco offer works out about 33p per pint, which is cheap as it is below the amount of duty on a pint in the first place. However you can brew your own beer for cheaper...

I haven't seen anywhere exactly what the beer on offer at Tesco was so I presume you're right but price isn't everything, just the major consideration. B)

Becks in bottles is actually imported from Germany not 'brewed under' licence like some other brands. It's also 5.0% and I'd rather pay more for it than the p**s that is called lager by some other brewers that sponsor the Premier League. And anyway, 47p for a bottle of Becks IS cheap when compared to what some bars charge for it.