House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mrpleasant

Low Offer

Been pondering the comment of a friend earlier in the week regarding the sale of a property on the opposite side of the road. She expressed obvious sympathy with the vendors who had accepted an offer of £325k on their house after it had originally gone on the market for (a ludicrous) £355k. The thing that miffed her was the rumour the new owners planned an extension. The cheek of it! They only offered £325k when quite clearly they could have afforded to pay more!

A perfect example of the 'a house is worth what the vendor wants for it' mentality.

Edited by mrpleasant

Been pondering the comment of a friend earlier in the week regarding the sale of a property on the opposite side of the road. She expressed obvious sympathy with the vendors who had accepted an offer of £325k on their house after it had originally gone on the market for (a ludicrous) £355k. The thing that miffed her was the rumour the new owners planned an extension. The cheek of it! They only offered £25k when quite clearly they could have afforded to pay more!

A perfect example of the 'a house is worth what the vendor wants for it' mentality.

That's hilarious.

It is like when you tell an EA your budget for buying a house. They magically have a mortgage advisor on hand who would 'probably be able to get you a mortgage for an extra 10%.' They always say it quite proudly as if it is a good thing. They don't even think that you wouldn't pile every last £ you could get your hands on into a house.

That is their job, though and it is much worse when you hear about members of the public talking like that as well.

The great disparity between price and value.

I, like most people, could afford to pay £10 for a packet of crisps. But I don't, obviously.

The great disparity between price and value.

I, like most people, could afford to pay £10 for a packet of crisps. But I don't, obviously.

The way the BOE are simply ingoring inflation (their job) I think this 10 quid a bag of walkers could be sooner than we think :huh:

That's hilarious.

It is like when you tell an EA your budget for buying a house. They magically have a mortgage advisor on hand who would 'probably be able to get you a mortgage for an extra 10%.' They always say it quite proudly as if it is a good thing. They don't even think that you wouldn't pile every last £ you could get your hands on into a house.

That is their job, though and it is much worse when you hear about members of the public talking like that as well.

I gave my budget to an EA and they were amazed that I wanted to look at a house that was quite a lot cheaper. When I said that I didn't need to spend all the budget they obviously thought I was mad and haven't contacted me since! They seem to dislike cash buyers

I gave my budget to an EA and they were amazed that I wanted to look at a house that was quite a lot cheaper. When I said that I didn't need to spend all the budget they obviously thought I was mad and haven't contacted me since! They seem to dislike cash buyers

Speak to an estate agent, or anyone in retail for that matter and the first thing they want to know is how much you want to spend.

As little as possible please.

FOOLS!