Outstanding Propertybee Example

History

date event

03 March 2011

* Subtitle changed: 2 bedroom terraced house

19 November 2009

* Initial entry found.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically, they added the word 'terraced'.

edit: Formatting was borked!

Edited by bomberbrown

This two bedroom mid terrace house in Williamson way is in an up and coming property market with new builds in the area. Property prices will inevitably increase over time due to the influx of new two and three bedroom properties.

Err...right. :huh:

Edit: Strangely enough, the construction of a large new estate not too far from me (suburban Birmingham) seems to have had entirely the opposite effect on the prices of the adjacent older houses.

Edited by snowflux

Another Property Bee gem on the rentals side:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

History

date event

19 May 2011

* Price changed: from '£576 pw' to '£692 pw'

01 June 2009

* Initial entry found.

------------------------------------------------------------------

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

So, been on the market for rent for two years, TWO YEAR VOID!! So what do they do, increase the rent by £500 a month!!

Edited by bomberbrown

Thing is, you don't have to look very hard to find similar examples. This one's even risen in price since it was listed in May 2009:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-25902701.html

29 June 2010 09:40:58

* Price changed: £300,000 £292,000

24 June 2009 23:31:21

* Price changed: £274,950 £300,000

29 May 2009 07:26:43

* Price found: £274,950

They just don't want to sell, that's all. As is their right. EDIT to say it's a shame they feel the need to put their house on RM to advertise the fact they don't wish to sell it.

Same here, Feb 2009 listing, no price changes:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-20261569.html

Edited by cheeznbreed

In contrast to madness found on Property Bee, here's an excellent link that's just been posted on an older thread (so less likely to be seen) that shows the real picture of declines:

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/market/gl/

Change the 'gl' at the end for your postcode (eg SW1) or even put your town name in there, eg 'reading' and, ta da, sold price data for the area including comparisons to 3 months, 6 months and up to five years ago.

Nice!

Thing is, you don't have to look very hard to find similar examples. This one's even risen in price since it was listed in May 2009:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-25902701.html

They just don't want to sell, that's all. As is their right. EDIT to say it's a shame they feel the need to put their house on RM to advertise the fact they don't wish to sell it.

Same here, Feb 2009 listing, no price changes:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-20261569.html

This is my favourite for time on market with no apparant awareness of the wider market - not got PropertyBee at work so can't check, but it's something like 4 years with narry a change...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-14638568.html

This is my favourite for time on market with no apparant awareness of the wider market - not got PropertyBee at work so can't check, but it's something like 4 years with narry a change...

That's a good one, and I'm sure there are many more extreme examples in terms of time on the market. The thing that tickled me in the original example was that they waited a year and a half and then, clearly realizing their selling strategy wasn't working, they changed A SINGLE WORD in the title (indicating something you could already see in the pictures). I mean why? It just beggars belief.

@snowflux - It's in Rose Hill, which is a pretty rough area already, and the newbuilds do not look like they will be changing that any time soon.

Wiki Page

Recent News Example

It's so obvious to me why this house hasn't sold, one look at the lounge, that frecking twig needs sorting out!

And from my trusted Property Bee within the last 2 days, I have found 2 overconfident estate agents ending up with egg on their faces. I wonder how long it will take them to re-sell to all these enthusiastic buyers they mention?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-32728082.html

History

date event

01 June 2011 Brief Description changed: SALE AGREED, 6,700 HITS ON RIGHTMOVE.CO.UK, 57 BROCHURES SENT OUT, 7 VIEWINGS, 2 OFFERS, BUYERS WAITING FOR SIMILAR PROPERTIES IN UPHILL.... Situated in the much sought after village of Uphill, this four bedroomed detached bungalow has been extensively refurbished and makes an ideal family home. In brief the bungalow has 21ft Lounge, 10ft Dining room, re-fitted Kitchen/Breakfast room, 11ft Conservatory, four double bedrooms, re-fitted...

Price changed: from '£374,950' to '£365,000'

Status changed: from 'Under offer' to 'Available'

11 May 2011 Brief Description changed: Situated in the much sought after village of Uphill, this four bedroomed detached bungalow has been extensively refurbished and makes an ideal family home. In brief the bungalow has 21ft Lounge, 10ft Dining room, re-fitted Kitchen/Breakfast room, 11ft Conservatory, four double bedrooms, re-fitted... SALE AGREED, 6,700 HITS ON RIGHTMOVE.CO.UK, 57 BROCHURES SENT OUT, 7 VIEWINGS, 2 OFFERS, BUYERS WAITING FOR SIMILAR PROPERTIES IN UPHILL....

Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Under offer'

22 February 2011 Price changed: from '£384,950' to '£374,950'

19 February 2011 Initial entry found.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-18821637.html

History

date event

02 June 2011 Status changed: from 'Under offer' to 'Available'

27 May 2011 Brief Description changed: This substantial Victorian Property is currently arranged as three individual apartments arranged over four floors, and occupies a desirable location at the foot of Weston Hillside, benefiting from being close to the town centre and with good access to the Sea Front and local amenities. Subject t... SOLD SUBJECT TO CONTRACT IN 1 WEEK, 4 VIEWINGS, SOLD OVER ASKING PRICE, SIMILAR PROPERTIES REQUIRED ON WESTON HILLSIDE FOR WAITING BUYERS....

24 May 2011 Price changed: £250,000

18 May 2011 Initial entry found.

I personally found the genuine description more funny...

This two bedroom mid terrace house in Williamson way is in an up and coming property market with new builds in the area. Property prices will inevitably increase over time due to the influx of new two and three bedroom properties. The home is close to local ameinities and bus routes into the centre

I think the EA could have had his tongue ever so slightly in cheek there...

Pure genius :lol:

Edited by libspero

What a shit tip house.

Full of furniture you have trouble giving away to a charity.

£180K? :lol:

no, at least it's got a stoners crash area ready sorted

1711_COW303539_IMG_06_0001_max_620x414.jpg

nice touch leaving it that way

If anyone pays £180k for this house they deserve it. However i suspect this is just on the EAs books to make their other houses appear like bargains.

And from my trusted Property Bee within the last 2 days, I have found 2 overconfident estate agents ending up with egg on their faces. I wonder how long it will take them to re-sell to all these enthusiastic buyers they mention?

History

date event

01 June 2011 Brief Description changed: SALE AGREED, 6,700 HITS ON RIGHTMOVE.CO.UK, 57 BROCHURES SENT OUT, 7 VIEWINGS, 2 OFFERS, BUYERS WAITING FOR SIMILAR PROPERTIES IN UPHILL.... Situated in the much sought after village of Uphill, this four bedroomed detached bungalow has been extensively refurbished and makes an ideal family home. In brief the bungalow has 21ft Lounge, 10ft Dining room, re-fitted Kitchen/Breakfast room, 11ft Conservatory, four double bedrooms, re-fitted...

11 May 2011 Brief Description changed: Situated in the much sought after village of Uphill, this four bedroomed detached bungalow has been extensively refurbished and makes an ideal family home. In brief the bungalow has 21ft Lounge, 10ft Dining room, re-fitted Kitchen/Breakfast room, 11ft Conservatory, four double bedrooms, re-fitted... SALE AGREED, 6,700 HITS ON RIGHTMOVE.CO.UK, 57 BROCHURES SENT OUT, 7 VIEWINGS, 2 OFFERS, BUYERS WAITING FOR SIMILAR PROPERTIES IN UPHILL....

22 February 2011 Price changed: from '£384,950' to '£374,950'

19 February 2011 Initial entry found.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-18821637.html

History

date event

02 June 2011 Status changed: from 'Under offer' to 'Available'

27 May 2011 Brief Description changed: This substantial Victorian Property is currently arranged as three individual apartments arranged over four floors, and occupies a desirable location at the foot of Weston Hillside, benefiting from being close to the town centre and with good access to the Sea Front and local amenities. Subject t... SOLD SUBJECT TO CONTRACT IN 1 WEEK, 4 VIEWINGS, SOLD OVER ASKING PRICE, SIMILAR PROPERTIES REQUIRED ON WESTON HILLSIDE FOR WAITING BUYERS....

24 May 2011 Price changed: £250,000

18 May 2011 Initial entry found.

fantastic :lol:

Another Property Bee gem on the rentals side:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

History

date event

19 May 2011

* Price changed: from '£576 pw' to '£692 pw'

01 June 2009

* Initial entry found.

------------------------------------------------------------------

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

So, been on the market for rent for two years, TWO YEAR VOID!! So what do they do, increase the rent by £500 a month!!

Be careful here....in the case of rentals property bee often seems to pick up previous advertisement, probably due to agents just recycling their old add. Hence it is likely that it has been rented and that the increase is compared to the price advertised in 2009.

Edited by moesasji

History

date event

:lol::lol::lol:

Be careful here....in the case of rentals property bee often seems to pick up previous advertisement, probably due to agents just recycling their old add. Hence it is likely that it has been rented and that the increase is compared to the price advertised in 2009.

Yep, the EA who is re-letting the last property I rented out used the same listing from 2008 when it went back on the market this year, if you look at proeprty bee it looks like it has never been rented out over the last 3 years

Yep, the EA who is re-letting the last property I rented out used the same listing from 2008 when it went back on the market this year, if you look at proeprty bee it looks like it has never been rented out over the last 3 years

Ahh, noted. That would explain the lack of movement for over 2 years.

I've seen cases like that. But they're not actually voids: that'll be somewhere that was let, and is back on the market at a higher asking price but with the same reference on rightmove. Propertybee doesn't see when a house has been let in the meantime!

[edit] Oh, right, someone else got there first. Oh well ...

Edited by porca misèria