House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chuffy Chuffnell

Bbc News Consultation

The BBC Trust are currently running a public consultation on the BBC News channel.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/consult/index.shtml

I suggest we submit our views on how partial/useless the BBC are. :D

Ah, waste of time really. Unless you express views consistent with the Islington view of the UK, that a 'Progressive Majority' exist, which doth not speak its name, or express its views, or participate in any measurable way whatsoever, yet whose voracious news habits need feeding with BBC output, you're howling at the moon.

I get better news on Russian television and al Jazeera.

I just don't bother with the BBC any more. You can actually see how its propaganda works, by noticing what it leaves out (compared to the other channels).

No economic news for example. They had Snow interviewing Krusty a couple of nights ago about the future of the housing market. None of the panel, not one, knew a damn thing about economics. The only economic news I see is actually market manipulation by vested interests eg Krusty on house prices, or government ministers on green shoots.

If you want to know what's coming down the pipeline, forget the BBC. All the BBC tells you is what the powers-that-be want you to believe (eg gold may have peaked).

From where most BBC staff are based, there hasn't been a crash (yet). Same for certain national newspapers. Is the Beeb upping sticks and moving to Manchester likely to affect that I wonder?

Edited by rantnrave

I just don't bother with the BBC any more. You can actually see how its propaganda works, by noticing what it leaves out (compared to the other channels).

The BBC are very selective about what they report! I suspect Russia, and Al-Jazz are too!

Still, it's best to see all views!

+1

I feel that I get a much better sense of what's going on in the world from watching a few mins of Al Jazeera or RT than I do from watching a weeks worth of BBC news (or C4 for that matter).

Id like to see the racial diversity of its presenters reflect that of the accounted for population of the UK as its clearly a racist policy. ie 9 out of 10 should be white!

And that disabled lady on kids TV should wear a prosthetic arm, its just not right. Ive an artificial eye and itd be frightening for kids for me to go on TV without it in!

If we all fill out the form and the results show the BBC is a biased government mouthpiece, do you thnk they will bury the results?

Nope, they'll just say that respect for the BBC is trending modestly downwards / moving sideways etc.

If we all fill out the form and the results show the BBC is a biased government mouthpiece, do you thnk they will bury the results?

Interesting you say government and not Labour mouthpiece.

I said pro-Labour and anti-Liberal in my comments.

Done.

As an example, this is my answer to their first question.

Very badly. There is a definitely a left wing bias to news reporting. The wording is not straight reporting, but influencing statement are used to promote an opinion.

A certain news item tends to be promoted to hide what's really happening in the real world. The latest is FIFA which is of very little interest, and very little on the staggering problems we have financially. It is kept very clinical, with very little news on racial problems and, for example, the complete reporting of gun and knife crime mainly in London, effecting almost entirely ethic groups.

It got more radial after that :rolleyes:

I suggest we submit our views on how partial/useless the BBC are. :D

Done.

Took longer than I expected, probably a waste of time, but you never know, will be interesting to see the 'results' of the consultation....but it's not like this is proper research, surely they'll just cherry pick a few points of view that they can be seen to engaging with as part of their bu!!s#1t mission statement.

And that disabled lady on kids TV should wear a prosthetic arm, its just not right. Ive an artificial eye and itd be frightening for kids for me to go on TV without it in!

What an idiot you are.