House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
juvenal

Blue Force Btl Scheme For Serving Soldiers Allegedly In Trouble?

Apparently sanctioned by MOD, who provided facilities for private company (run by a Paul Smith)to make sales pitches. Army allegedly approved of 'investment in property'.

I caught only part of this on You and Yours R4 today.

Edited by juvenal

Apparently sanctioned by MOD, who provided facilities for private company (run by a Paul Smith)to make sales pitches. Army allegedly approved of 'investment in property'.

I just heard about this on You and Yours on Radio 4 (about 15 minutes into the programme).

Now we know that soldiers were encouraged to ‘invest’ in property. Earlier this week we found out that the big care homes company Southern Cross sold and rented back its homes in order to maximise gains on property.

Everyone was at it! It really does seem that one has to ‘invest’ in property in order to count for anything in this country – at least during the bubble years. I wonder how many more examples will come to light …

I was at an Army wedding at the weekend. They think it's 2006; I had three separate conversations about property specifically as an investment and I wasn't responsible for starting any of them.

It works like this. They buy a house, rent it out to cover the mortgage (hopefully, although this isn't vital), whilst they live in a nice married quarter (3 or 4 beds) for about £300 per month.

I must say I think it's officers rather than the squadies who are responsible.

Let's be honest here.

If you are the MD of a collapsed company that took tens of thousands of pound from heaily armed men who are currenly involved in leathal combat in Afganistan, at this point you are considering a move abroad. Somewhere hot. Where people wont find you.

Seriously, these guys are SOOOOOOOOOO dead. I doubt the bodies will be found.