House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Boom'n'Bust

Brown 'at Risk Of Missing Boe's Growth Target'

Guest Bart of Darkness

They'll just revise the target.

"Two legs good, four legs better!"

Spot the quote.

Ok, when does everyone think GDP will be negative? It surpises me that the economy grew by 1.5% in the first half, and the IMF think it will grow 1.9% for 2005 - not good predictions for the latter half of the year then!

I think Q4 will be negative, followed by every other quarter.

What are peoples predictions for GDP over the next several years?

P.s. When does the GDP data come out?

Ok, when does everyone think GDP will be negative? It surpises me that the economy grew by 1.5% in the first half, and the IMF think it will grow 1.9% for 2005 - not good predictions for the latter half of the year then!

you're predicting -'ve growth for last quarter. that's soon! you don't hold much hope for us : )

so recession begins Q4 2005. we heard it here first.

Guest growl
you're predicting -'ve growth for last quarter. that's soon! you don't hold much hope for us : )

so recession begins Q4 2005. we heard it here first.

Well we've been in a retail and manufacturing reccession for months so what else is there left the service sector? Building? Banking even?

http://business.scotsman.com/economy.cfm?id=2012222005

Brown 'at risk of missing BoE's growth target'

I think Brown gives a sh**, he'll just move the target, increase the spending cycle and borrow a bit more, the way he sees it is the british economy like imagining the grand canyon stuffed with 20 pound notes, its ain't going to crash just because we happen to being through a current soft patch. Unfortunately Lawson thought the same 15 years ago.

Edited by Dicky

I think you'll find the economy only grew 0.8-0.9% in the first half of the year (1.5% over 12 months); 2.8%, 3-3.5% or whatever for 2005 has long since gone out the window. Even 2% looks very optimistic now.... :o

Well we've been in a retail and manufacturing reccession for months so what else is there left the service sector? Building? Banking even?

If not for government borrowing and spending, then we would be in a recession. If they hadn't have messed about two years ago, it would have come and nearly be over by now. However with all the extra debt, we are not likely to see a recovery for at least 5 years.

Repaying debt is hard with little income.

Guest growl
If not for government borrowing and spending, then we would be in a recession. If they hadn't have messed about two years ago, it would have come and nearly be over by now. However with all the extra debt, we are not likely to see a recovery for at least 5 years.

Repaying debt is hard with little income.

Yes. I was calling it two years ago. People thought I was nuts...and I said if they fiddle about it will be so much worse. Now these same people look at me with scared eyes. They are begining to realise. Unfortunately it took the plastic box in the corner to tell them in the last couple of weeks.

I wonder how many VI's on telly will lose their jobs.

It reminds me a little of the great storms a few years back that wreaked havoc after the weather man siad it would be a little windy.