House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

okaycuckoo

Google Account Problem

Just got this message:

We've detected unusual activity in your account. To restore access immediately to your account, type your phone number below.

Had to change password to access the account - did it direct through google, and they sent an access code by text. No idea what the activity was.

Just got this message:

We've detected unusual activity in your account. To restore access immediately to your account, type your phone number below.

Had to change password to access the account - did it direct through google, and they sent an access code by text. No idea what the activity was.

Generally an unusual IP addy for your account spamming passwords at it in the hope of getting in will do this.

There has been a massive attack on gmail accounts tonight. US military says the attacks came from China. More on the news.

Tonight I'm proud to say I feel connected to our higher brethren in gubmint. Not.

"Google detected and has disrupted this campaign to take users' passwords and monitor their emails," a spokesman said. "We have notified victims and secured their accounts. In addition, we have notified relevant government authorities. We believe that this campaign to steal users' passwords originated from Jinan, China. We can't say for sure who is responsible."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/jun/01/google-hacking-chinese-attack-gmail

These baxtards want access to ALL my draft letters of complaint to the FSA. Next they'll come for my out-of-focus pictures of war memorials. Sod that - let them have it. Take it, just take it. And damn them to Hell!

I'm guessing the password reset was precautionary for all account holders.

My Hotmail account was hacked a day ago,and dodgy spam sent to everyone in my contact list(first time in 7 years) I'm not the only one..several mentions on the internet,and some people can't get into their accounts.Luckily I could,and have deleted contact list and changed password and security question.

You can't sign up to a new account without giving them a phone number.

They want to know who you are.

Who ever gives real information to that type of question?