House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Manufacturing Down Again As Pmi Collapses To 20 Month Low

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/06/01/uk-uk-manufacturing-pmi-idUKTRE7501HY20110601

By Peter "Pete" Griffiths
LONDON | Wed Jun 1, 2011 10:51am BST
(Reuters) - Manufacturing activity grew at its slowest pace in 20 months in May and mortgage approvals unexpectedly fell to their lowest since December, denting sterling and underscoring the fragile state of recovery.
The Markit/CIPS manufacturing PMI headline index fell to 52.1 last month from a downwardly revised 54.4 in April, well below the 54.1 consensus forecast, data showed Wednesday.

Not the stuff of a HPI recovereh.

I think its sharply downhill from here on in. Tighten your seat belts its goin to be one helluva ride. And tewwibblly exciting too! :D

Edited by Realistbear

Not the stuff of a HPI recovereh.

I think its sharply downhill from here on in. Tighten your seat belts its goin to be one helluva ride. And tewwibblly exciting too! :D

Agreed but I suspect the downhill path won't be very steep. We seem to be desperately trying to follow the Japan model.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/jun/01/uk-manufacturing-growth-weakest-2009

UK manufacturing growth weakest since 2009
Purchasing Managers Index dropped from 54.4 to 52.1 between April and May, while
eurozone PMI fell even more sharply

Things must be getting dire in the EZ. No doubt what is behind Euro buying this morning. :D

“All this does is place further doubts over the strength of the UK’s economic recovery, which pushes back expectations of a long-awaited Bank of England rate rise,” said Caxton FX currency analyst Richard Driver. “Some players bet on a rate rise at the end of this year, but as things stand we are likely to have to wait until the end of the first quarter of 2012.”

well that's that then , f@ck saving I'm spunking the lot

"All this does is place further doubts over the strength of the UK's economic recovery, which pushes back expectations of a long-awaited Bank of England rate rise," said Caxton FX currency analyst Richard Driver. "Some players bet on a rate rise at the end of this year, but as things stand we are likely to have to wait until the end of the first quarter of 2012. 2015"

Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow.........

“All this does is place further doubts over the strength of the UK’s economic recovery, which pushes back expectations of a long-awaited Bank of England rate rise,” said Caxton FX currency analyst Richard Driver. “Some players bet on a rate rise at the end of this year, but as things stand we are likely to have to wait until the end of the first quarter of 2012.”

Don't get mad, get even. Merv and the boys work for me now!

I'm up £290/Oz on each ounce of gold I own in a little over 2 years. But hey, those MSM people say it's one hell of a risky asset and it's in a bubble, so perhaps best not get involved and stick with the safety of sterling in the caring hands of Merv and the boys eh? :lol:

Edited by General Congreve

Don't get mad, get even. Merv and the boys work for me now!

I'm up £290/Oz on each ounce of gold I own in a little over 2 years. But hey, those MSM people say it's one hell of a risky asset and it's in a bubble, so perhaps best not get involved and stick with the safety of sterling in the caring hands of Merv and the boys eh? :lol:

already with you on that one General - had a little business with Chard last year , bit late to the party but better late than never I guess :)

Got a few white goods that need replacing now (oven/washing machine/fridge etc) so looks like now's the time to buy , and it'll be heartwarming to know i'm do my little bit to keep the (chinese) economy going

already with you on that one General - had a little business with Chard last year , bit late to the party but better late than never I guess :)

Got a few white goods that need replacing now (oven/washing machine/fridge etc) so looks like now's the time to buy , and it'll be heartwarming to know i'm do my little bit to keep the (chinese) economy going

Good to hear you already know the score, and far from being late I think you're very likely to end up looking like one of the first through the door by the time this whole clusterf4ck is over!

Agree that now is the time to make any big ticket purchases you may be considering, the way things are going it's very unlikely you'll get better value in the future, unless of course you are selling gold to buy them ;)

Edited by General Congreve

Good to hear you already know the score, and far from being late I think you're very likely to end up looking like one of the first through the door by the time this whole clusterf4ck is over!

Very true, there's a lot more devaluation to come, best to back ones wealth with something that's been trusted for over 5,000 years.