House Price Crash Forum
apom

Bbc Lunchtime News.

Headline news.

Housing.. only 1.8% above this time last year.

Mentioned prices were still climbing last year and are dropping now so that soon prices would be showing a real drop.

High Street.

Consumer spending massivly down and no turn around in sight.

Essentially it was reported as house prices looking to continue southward.

No sentiment about improvments and mentioned that the interest rate drop did nothing to change this.

They did not cover or show a rosy future. it was matter of fact and bearish.. (as in its going to drop.. is that bear or bull>?)

Mentioned prices were still climbing last year and are dropping now so that soon prices would be showing a real drop.

That pretty well shows that the tide has turned and sentiment is now very bearish!

Working Lunch was even more gloomier

Adrian Childes, after reporting the Nationwide figures said "Nationwide expect the the housing market to have a soft landing and not to crash, but that's what all building socieities say".

They also put in a mention that Alan Greenspan said this morning that US Shares are currently overvalued. The last time he said that was in 1996 if I remember.

Edited by Oxfordite

Guest growl

Adrian Childes, after reporting the Nationwide figures said "Nationwide expect the the housing market to have a soft landing and not to crash, but that's what all building socieities say".

They also put in a mention that Alan Greenspan said this morning that US Shares are currently overvalued. The last time he said that was in 1996 if I remember.

BBC news 24 was quiet funny actually. They had the blond business tart on and the more she tried to downplay the bad news the higher pitched her voice became. At one point her voice became so high that it almost looked as if she was shouting at the other newscasters who were looking at her dropped mouthed. Then as she turned back to the camera it quickly cut away to show pictures of Boots and Morrisons.

larf larf :lol::lol::lol: especially when she said unconvincingly we are having the predicted soft landing. :D

Yeh! and shares kept rising for another 5 years! I feel reasured that my ISA won't tank just yet! :D I hope! <_<

BBC news 24 was quiet funny actually. They had the blond business tart on and the more she tried to downplay the bad news the higher pitched her voice became. At one point her voice became so high that it almost looked as if she was shouting at the other newscasters who were looking at her dropped mouthed. Then as she turned back to the camera it quickly cut away to show pictures of Boots and Morrisons.

larf larf :lol::lol::lol: especially when she said unconvincingly we are having the predicted soft landing. :D

Think she's a regular to this forum, she simply doesn't believe what she's reporting.

Yeh! and shares kept rising for another 5 years! I feel reasured that my ISA won't tank just yet! :D I hope! <_<

There obviously speaks the words of a professional! Not!

Guest The_Oldie

That would be Julia Caesar. I wouldn't be surprised if she had some BTL properties, judging from her reaction to potential interest rate cuts.

i saw the program. its was still on the damming tone of the panorama program.

sentiment is turning and in a couple of weeks i think the all over census is on a housing downturn.

perhaps these news breakers are 1-3 weeks ahead of the game.

HPCers probably ahead a few months of the game. we monitor the situation very closely.

Headline news.

Housing.. only 1.8% above this time last year.

High Street.

Consumer spending massivly down and no turn around in sight.

Essentially it was reported as house prices looking to continue southward.

No sentiment about improvments and mentioned that the interest rate drop did nothing to change this.

They did not cover or show a rosy future. it was matter of fact and bearish.. (as in its going to drop.. is that bear or bull>?)

Prices showing a real drop wishful thinking me thinks as for the BBC read this http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4292948.stm

Prices showing a real drop wishful thinking me thinks as for the BBC read this http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4292948.stm

How many more times are bulls going to post this one.

Read down the page.

It's still 30% down on average, its the best of a cr@p year. I'm quite happy that volumes are up, even the Nationwide admitted that this was down to sellers accepting lower prices. When sellers can only sell with lower prices and the general economic output is poor it doesn't take Keynes to guess what is likely to be the path of prices in the future. In my neck of the woods houses are definately down 10-15% on last year by the time they sell.

I quite liked Adrian's comment today. It actually went further than you paraphrased.

He actually said something along the lines that "Nationwide do not expect a crash as they have said for the entire history of the planet". He then looked at the camera as if to say "but we know the truth don't we viewers?"

Great stuff!

NDL

Guest growl
I quite liked Adrian's comment today. It actually went further than you paraphrased.

He actually said something along the lines that "Nationwide do not expect a crash as they have said for the entire history of the planet". He then looked at the camera as if to say "but we know the truth don't we viewers?"

Great stuff!

NDL

Oh I wish I'd seen that. I'm actually enjoying watching the telly these days. Whereas I was nearly throwing it out the window a couple of months back. But now it is either quite funny, or even a little bit scary as you see what you have been predicting happen before your eyes.

My husband keeps saying...yes I remember when you said that. He's probably going to get fed up of me and throw me out the window soon. :D

How many more times are bulls going to post this one.

Read down the page.

It's still 30% down on average, its the best of a cr@p year. I'm quite happy that volumes are up, even the Nationwide admitted that this was down to sellers accepting lower prices. When sellers can only sell with lower prices and the general economic output is poor it doesn't take Keynes to guess what is likely to be the path of prices in the future. In my neck of the woods houses are definately down 10-15% on last year by the time they sell.

The last man standing in a speculative market.. realising that what he holds is not a road made of gold.. But the physical manifestation of his debt that marks the profits of those before him..

He sees his debt so huge that not does it only terrify him... but he is now seeing that there is no way that the Economy could even begin to maintain current prices for more then the short period that has been till now.

But these people are seeing themselves as ruined.

Put yourself in the place of someone who is in this position..

Our bad times are over.. our doubt has turned to certainty..

imagine where their doubt now is.. only a fool could not see the future for what it is..

imagine yourself looking down the barrel of a 25 year mortgage that you struggle to afford, for a property that is not worth a fraction of your debt..

The last man standing in a speculative market.. realising that what he holds is not a road made of gold.. But the physical manifestation of his debt that marks the profits of those before him..

He sees his debt so huge that not does it only terrify him... but he is now seeing that there is no way that the Economy could even begin to maintain current prices for more then the short period that has been till now.

But these people are seeing themselves as ruined.

Put yourself in the place of someone who is in this position..

Our bad times are over.. our doubt has turned to certainty..

imagine where their doubt now is.. only a fool could not see the future for what it is..

imagine yourself looking down the barrel of a 25 year mortgage that you struggle to afford, for a property that is not worth a fraction of your debt..

You sound like a true nervous renter to me! Imagine all that rent money going down the drain waiting , wishing dreaming of a HPC.Putting your life on hold with no security and paying another persons morgage off is not clever is it? :unsure:

More to the point all the above as you say will that apply to You and all the rest of the bears if they ever become home owners?

Guest The_Oldie
You sound like a true nervous renter to me! Imagine all that rent money going down the drain waiting , wishing dreaming of a HPC.Putting your life on hold with no security and paying another persons morgage off is not clever is it? :unsure:

More to the point all the above as you say will that apply to You and all the rest of the bears if they ever become home owners?

Why are you perma-bulls so obsessed with this old line about "paying another persons morgage(sic) off"?

You sound like a true nervous renter to me! Imagine all that rent money going down the drain waiting , wishing dreaming of a HPC.Putting your life on hold with no security and paying another persons morgage off is not clever is it?

There is not even a semi-rational bullishness here, just a plain simple failure to understand despite many people here (and on the C4 forum) explaining it to her. It really is a lost cause, sad really. :(

Edited by spline