House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ricky_FTB

Another One Bites The Dust...

Well guys and gals after about 3 years of house hunting, the wait for my fiancee and I is finally over! :D:D:D:D Really cant tell you all how good it feels to be saying that!!

Our (low) offer on a detached new-build was accepted about 2 months ago, and we have been going through all that follows ever since. Lots of decorating is the plan for the next wee while!

I still think that the housing market in the uk, and here in NI especially has further to drop, but we have found a lovely home that is ideal for us both and have managed to get it for around half peak price and with a relatively small mortgage, so we decided not to let the opportunity go.

I can't thank the folk on here enough for all the invaluable advice over the last few years that saved me from making a BIG BIG mistake. Good luck to the rest of you in finding a home - your patience will pay off i'm sure. :)

ps I'll still be calling on here by the way - reading through the above again sounds like i'm bidding farewell!!

Well guys and gals after about 3 years of house hunting, the wait for my fiancee and I is finally over! :D:D:D:D Really cant tell you all how good it feels to be saying that!!

Our (low) offer on a detached new-build was accepted about 2 months ago, and we have been going through all that follows ever since. Lots of decorating is the plan for the next wee while!

I still think that the housing market in the uk, and here in NI especially has further to drop, but we have found a lovely home that is ideal for us both and have managed to get it for around half peak price and with a relatively small mortgage, so we decided not to let the opportunity go.

I can't thank the folk on here enough for all the invaluable advice over the last few years that saved me from making a BIG BIG mistake. Good luck to the rest of you in finding a home - your patience will pay off i'm sure. :)

ps I'll still be calling on here by the way - reading through the above again sounds like i'm bidding farewell!!

Well played that man. Glad it's worked out for you and was worth the wait. Hope there's many more like you!

Details details Ricky. I think we're in the same market. Is be really interested to know what sort of discount you got off the new build. Plenty going round here. Anyway if you can share that would be great. Well done and good luck with the move.

Well done Ricky.

And proof to all the deluded sellers out there, if the price is right there is no problem selling a house ;)

Congratulations Ricky. B)

Those who have ignored the advice of property professionals and followed the advice of hpc amateurs, can look forward to a very comfortable future.

Thank you all for your very kind words! :)

Without stumbling across this place i could have easily bought half the home with double the mortgage a few years ago, so in all honesty i owe this place big time.

2buyornottobuy - without going into too much detail, i managed to get the house for £180k less than it was originally for sale for (in mid 2008) and 25k less than the asking price when i offered. Also got some extra 'add ons' shall we say (worth about 5-10k) into the deal.

Great news mate :)

Delighted for you and delighted that you saved a fortune by using your head and doing some research on here :)

Love hearing these stories of people saving themselves from a lifetime of heavy mortgage payments :D

Thank you all for your very kind words! :)

Without stumbling across this place i could have easily bought half the home with double the mortgage a few years ago, so in all honesty i owe this place big time.

2buyornottobuy - without going into too much detail, i managed to get the house for £180k less than it was originally for sale for (in mid 2008) and 25k less than the asking price when i offered. Also got some extra 'add ons' shall we say (worth about 5-10k) into the deal.

Hi Ricky. Think I know the exact ones you're talking about. Lovely houses in a small development. Wayy out of my league price wise (you must have good wages and deposit for a FTB) but I think that particular developer will be biting hands off at the minute. Interestingly my friends parents went to seen this when it was just built about 3 years ago and was told the price was not negotiable. (If I'm thinking of the right place).

Hi Ricky. Think I know the exact ones you're talking about. Lovely houses in a small development. Wayy out of my league price wise (you must have good wages and deposit for a FTB) but I think that particular developer will be biting hands off at the minute. Interestingly my friends parents went to seen this when it was just built about 3 years ago and was told the price was not negotiable. (If I'm thinking of the right place).

You must be talking about a different place mate coz ours isn't in a development - it's on its own. Think i might know what ones you are talking about though.