House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Banner

Big Push To Sell Shared Equity Schemes

Just about every housing 'news' story today seems to be a thinly disguised advertisement for shared equity schemes.

Looks like the VIs have given up on selling houses at current asking prices and are throwing their collective weight behind a coordinated campaign to push shared equity schemes :rolleyes:.

Looks like the VIs have given up on selling houses at current asking prices and are throwing their collective weight behind a coordinated campaign to push shared equity schemes :rolleyes:.

This is good news. Anyone who remembers the crash of the early 90s knows this was the last throw of the dice for the housing market.

This is good news. Anyone who remembers the crash of the early 90s knows this was the last throw of the dice for the housing market.

Very true. The BBC documentary about the 90's crash, which featured a housing estate to the east of Bristol highlighted this. Eric probably has a link to the programme.

Fill or Kill.

Do or don't do at all.

100% or nothing.

Don't do half measures. Don't buy half, a quarter, or an eigth of a house!

Very true. The BBC documentary about the 90's crash, which featured a housing estate to the east of Bristol highlighted this. Eric probably has a link to the programme.

....was that if I recall correctly 'Sadly broke' in Bradley Stoke? ;)

I love the smell of fear in the morning.

Desperate push to convince that it's different this time (isn't it always?) , high prices are here to stay, do whatever you can or rent forever.

Apparently there are rafts of BTL investors queuing up for 5% gross yield (before voids and maintenance) in order to support the market, even with prices teetering and IR hikes on the way.

All a bit sad really IMO.

Smell the fear.

Fill or Kill.

Do or don't do at all.

100% or nothing.

+1

Desperate push to convince that it's different this time (isn't it always?) , high prices are here to stay, do whatever you can or rent forever.

Apparently there are rafts of BTL investors queuing up for 5% gross yield (before voids and maintenance) in order to support the market, even with prices teetering and IR hikes on the way.

Smell the fear.

5% well if true, I would like to know who is propping up the rents....any ideas?

5% still looks a low return considering increasing voids, maintenance, taxes, interest rates and legal fees.....Oh well, nowt so queer as folk. ;)

What strikes me as bizarre is the whole idea that S/O people think they will suddenly be able to earn more to buy the rest of the place.... and even those that don't think that ... what % do they expect their children to be able to buy in the future?

5% well if true, I would like to know who is propping up the rents....any ideas?

5% still looks a low return considering increasing voids, maintenance, taxes, interest rates and legal fees.....Oh well, nowt so queer as folk. ;)

I certainly wouldn't pull money out of NS&I, that's earning a steady 3.9%, to buy a BTL.

Smell the fear.

I think you may be right about sentiment, it is a generational thing - over 20 years tho these will be terrible investments and renters will be much wealthier

....was that if I recall correctly 'Sadly broke' in Bradley Stoke? ;)

Bought a 2 bed repo there in 1991 for £44K.

Previous "owner" bought it for £62K a few years earlier.

I sold in 1994 for 42K after spending a fortune reinstalling the plumbing and electrics.

Moral of this story: Don't catch falling knives.

Ames

I sold in 1994 for 42K after spending a fortune reinstalling the plumbing and electrics.

Ames

Isn't the moral of that story "don't buy for only 3 years"?

Ames

Bought a 3 bed semi repo in 93 for 55k

previous owner had paid around 95k for it a few years earlier

spent a few grand on a total refurb ( sticks in vases) :P sold it in 98 for 115k

Moral of the story: Buy and sell at the right time, it's coming!

Edited by Ungeared

Bought a 3 bed semi repo in 93 for 55k

previous owner had paid around 95k for it a few years earlier

spent a few grand on a total refurb ( sticks in vases) :P sold it in 98 for 115k

Moral of the story: Buy and sell at the right time, it's coming!

I was just ahead of the curve.

We didn't have the data avalable then to make an informed choice at the time.

After selling said 2 bed slave box, I bought a 3 bed semi for £52K.

Sold it 2 years ago for £185K :P

Yes I know it was in the 2009 dip but how was I to know the lenghts our masters would go to to prop up this "house of cards" :angry:

Ames

I was just ahead of the curve.

We didn't have the data avalable then to make an informed choice at the time.

After selling said 2 bed slave box, I bought a 3 bed semi for £52K.

Sold it 2 years ago for £185K :P

Yes I know it was in the 2009 dip but how was I to know the lenghts our masters would go to to prop up this "house of cards" :angry:

Ames

Forgot to add:

Sold it to a young couple through the shared equity scheme Places for People. Hahahahhahah! :lol:

Poor s0ds

Ames