House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stuckmojo

Breakfast Muppets Discussing The "renting" Societies

Nothing new, I know, but the muppet on Breakfast was interviewing someone from Haliwide and not once it was mentioned that the real problem was the price of the houses. I normally don't watch that rubbish, save for having a glance at Susanna Reid, but by god, that's some hardcore VI in there.

I can see how now and then a thread pops up in here about these guys. The BBC brainwash machine is still at work at full speed

Breakfast is double plus good.

viewing is up 5% in Eurasia.

Nothing new, I know, but the muppet on Breakfast was interviewing someone from Haliwide and not once it was mentioned that the real problem was the price of the houses. I normally don't watch that rubbish, save for having a glance at Susanna Reid, but by god, that's some hardcore VI in there.

I can see how now and then a thread pops up in here about these guys. The BBC brainwash machine is still at work at full speed

Was exactly the same on the Today program on R4. Never a mention of the simple fact that they are too high. However the guy from Halifax was on and did talk about one cause being peoples confidence in the future of house prices. He started speaking really quietly and actually sounded scared. It was on at about 7:10am.

Edited by Slug

I've noticed that there is quite a lot more VI nonsense around today trying to scare people into buying a house now rather than wait. Makes me think that each time that this propoganda fails to work it just makes potential buyers more resolute to just wait it out, see how far things drop and not rely on a VI to tell them when to give the VI all their money for the rest of their life.

Was exactly the same on the Today program on R4. Never a mention of the simple fact that they are too high. However the guy from Halifax was on and did talk about one cause being peoples confidence in the future of house prices. He started speaking really quietly and actually sounded scared. It was on at about 7:10am.

R4 now (8.33-8.37am)

Guy from IPPR vs VI

"High house prices are the problem"

"UK has too much mortgage debt as part of the economy..."

They just ran it again. Thinly disguised shared equity advertisement.

Agreed, you should DYOR rather than absorb bite-size government funded propaganda. However, the price of property is not a problem to a cash investor who can turn a yield of 5% or more out of a pile of bricks and mortar. Back in Dickensian Britain there was an entire class of wealthy landlords, and thus seems to be the case also across much of Europe today. This is the point that you seem to be missing, and why an outright crash in the UK is currently unlikely. This is in spite of having some top BBC tottie explaining it to you.

Wait until IRs hit their longterm average again, then you might see a crash because the old money can find a safer home back in the bank