House Price Crash Forum

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was just mentioned big-time on BBC Radio 2...... CEBR say prices will drift down this year only for us to see a 'recovery' with prices increasing by 16% due to lack of supply and increased lending. To be honest, if I were a sheeple and heard that, I'd probably have believed it!

Its 2007 again.

The UK economy doesn't produce anything useful anymore - certainly not in the quantities it should. The entire economy has been built on DEBT. "Property" is where the "wealth" is tied up: the banks, the media VIs, the mortgagees, etc ALL have a vested interest in keeping the debt economy afloat. Fools - the lot of them.

Most of the newspapers have made significant investments in the Ponzi scheme that is the UK property market. Their papers are full of lies, and I wouldn't trust them on any subject. However, the dumb X-Factor/Britain's Got Talent/Geordie Shore types will lap this up. They WANT to be lied to and deceived.

This was just mentioned big-time on BBC Radio 2...... CEBR say prices will drift down this year only for us to see a 'recovery' with prices increasing by 16% due to lack of supply and increased lending. To be honest, if I were a sheeple and heard that, I'd probably have believed it!

BBC Radio 4 8 o'clock news, just after declaring that all those people who never expect to be able to buy a house was nothing to do with high prices, merely high deposits and unavailability of loans.... and house prices WILL rise by 16%. The reader even had a slight something in her voice when she said it, a slight tell as she knows she just a pravda lacky.

It's perfect, just shouts "DON'T DROP YOUR PRICES! Yes they are falling now but don't drop them, just wait another 6 months." If they said they are rising now obviously it's easy to disprove but this is class. Rinse and repeat in 6 months time.

The despair i'm feeling now is due to knowing this will work. It's so easy to persuade people not to do something they didn't want to do anyway.

I think the Independent is more realistic. Let the chinese and foreign investors buy up the entire UK housing stock. They have the resources to see out any capital value fall, unlike leveraged BTL. rolleyes.gif

Yes the sheeple will lap it up and yes Sibley is CU next Tuesday.

And yes the Express is owned by an out and out VI, who realise they will up the circulation after a non news bank holiday with a VI gash story like this.

As ever HPC adds perspective – firstly with inflation at circa 5% a year the story is a joke.

Secondly as has been pointed out on threads before there were numerous stories like this in the early 90s.

It is hilarious to note every BBC orifice gushing with the news from Newsidiotbeat on Radio 1 through to Radio 4. This fecker is going down and not even some half arsed story based on conjecture is going to change the all encompassing effect of a withdrawal of credit products combined with large scale consumer debt, flat wages and disguise a Spring bounce that has fallen flat on its face.

Edited by Brave New World

Being discussed on the Wright Stuff as i type this, and who is one of the guests?

Rosie Millard.

Edit: They spoke about it for 20 seconds and the Millard never spoke once. Cheryl Cole not being on the X-Factor panel was given more time, even though the panel said they didn't care. Says it all really.

Edited by The Mighty Douche

Reading the Daily Mail's version of this story, it says prices to rise 4% per year. So the 16% rise is over 4 years. Thus, after inflation, they're just staying flat. And that's after a decline until Christmas (probably of about 4%). So houses will be about at 2004 prices in 2015.

What about the "House prices go up in every decade you look at" mantra?

The best news of the 2011? No, the best news of the 2011 is that food prices are set to double by 2030. Why is this not on the front page, this is really good news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk.../world-13597657

Don't forget some of the other good news too. Insurance premiums up hugely. Oh and my own favourite, the big rise in Gas prices.

Reminds me of The Times article in the spring of 1992 predicting 66% house price rises in the next 5 years. Supply and demand/housing shortage/nation of homeowners and all that.

We're about at the same point in the cycle as we were when that article appeared IMO - and in those days the effects of globalisation hadn't bit anywhere as deep as they have now.

An increasing number of British people can barely afford to live let alone buy massively overpriced real estate.

Sit back and grab the popcorn.

This news has certainly made my day. For some long we have endured negative renters trying to talk down the price of our homes. I'm glad home owners stuck to their guns and did not allow prices to fall. The government did the right thing in supporting the hard workers. We could not allow prices to fall. The UK would have been in a hell of a state. With mortgages becoming easier to get I hope we can see a return to the good times. Free up some equity and have a spend up. Be great to see a few new 4x4's around.

Sibley

he's such a ****, actually he's so absurd it's somehow cheered me up.

Reminds me of The Times article in the spring of 1992 predicting 66% house price rises in the next 5 years. Supply and demand/housing shortage/nation of homeowners and all that.

We're about at the same point in the cycle as we were when that article appeared IMO - and in those days the effects of globalisation hadn't bit anywhere as deep as they have now.

An increasing number of British people can barely afford to live let alone buy massively overpriced real estate.

Sit back and grab the popcorn.

+1 Top Post.

The stark truth is that the UK is just stuffed full of people living on the bread line with huge amounts of debt, there is no force in the universe that is going to to turn the tide of the inevitable return to normality in prices. It doesnt matter what headlines you print, what propoganda is spewed from the idiot box, it is happening right now in front of your eyes! B)

All they can do is make an 'educated' guess and I suggest you look up some of their earlier guesses to see for yourself how accurate they are before reading too much into it.

yep - they seem to gety micro-economic influences spot on but miss out the bigger picture that drives those, I did look it up, and they were largely right about house prices over the last decade, I am afraid, but did rather miss the boom!

The despair i'm feeling now is due to knowing this will work. It's so easy to persuade people not to do something they didn't want to do anyway.

I think this may be right, they may be right,, that house price falls are going to be real terms and take most of our lives, we should move on rent. and invest well elsewhere for the next 20 years, dying as miserable misunderstoood spots on the backside of history

You just pipped me to it. Come on, own up. Which HPCer is over there posting as Sibley. Hilarious! :lol:

Just noticed that myself:

Not what I'm seeing here, prices are dropping like a brick. Can't sell my House in Loose, keep reducing the price, but I'm now in negative equity. Thankfully Ting Tongs got some night work to keep us afloat.

- Sibley, Maidstone, 31/5/2011 8:40

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1392586/House-prices-rise-4-year-recovery-doesnt-start-Christmas.html#ixzz1NvLYZjWy

+1 Top Post.

The stark truth is that the UK is just stuffed full of people living on the bread line with huge amounts of debt, there is no force in the universe that is going to to turn the tide of the inevitable return to normality in prices. It doesnt matter what headlines you print, what propoganda is spewed from the idiot box, it is happening right now in front of your eyes! B)

As Thatcher pointed out - You can't beat the markets!

This morning I was sat in Wetherspoons and the TV in front of us had Sky News on with a ticker, house prices to surge 16% by 2015, lots of pictures of rentals that said let and a lengthy interview with a female mortgage expert. The sound wasn't on the TV.

Then as we were leaving on the other TV the BBC business news had just come on and Ray Boulger was ready to start.

A two pronged attack!

seeing the sentiment from those with retirement money etc - even tho stocks and shares should comfortably beat this, I think this return sounds realistic

people with cash and access to leverage really do seem keen on buying into housing

it is a generational thing, and they will lose a lot of money, hell they will lose over the next 4.5 years to 2015 and much more beyond that, but that is where the sentiment lies

still makes housing a poor investment, and long term I can still see falls, but atthe same time I can also see a no-crash scenario like this, too much govt vested interest and market sentiment. Just makes the real iinvesting opportunities of the next decade (equities) an even better option.

(and the positive thing is - it makes a tory win at the next GE more likely)

Edited by Si1

BBC Radio 4 8 o'clock news, just after declaring that all those people who never expect to be able to buy a house was nothing to do with high prices, merely high deposits and unavailability of loans.... and house prices WILL rise by 16%. The reader even had a slight something in her voice when she said it, a slight tell as she knows she just a pravda lacky.

It's perfect, just shouts "DON'T DROP YOUR PRICES! Yes they are falling now but don't drop them, just wait another 6 months." If they said they are rising now obviously it's easy to disprove but this is class. Rinse and repeat in 6 months time.

Well mate, it's lunchtime and I'm going to get my German mp3's on... still full steam ahead for getting out of this sh!thole for me.

I think this may be right, they may be right,, that house price falls are going to be real terms and take most of our lives, we should move on rent. and invest well elsewhere for the next 20 years, dying as miserable misunderstoood spots on the backside of history

There will still be people on this forum in 10 years waiting for the HPC. I hope it happens, but to hell with waiting around!

House prices to soar by less than the current rate of inflation for the next 4 years <_<

(and I love how the argument for "soaring" house prices is in part based on "by the end of the year banks will have recapitalised due to stricter lending criteria and will therefore be ready to do stupid lending again")

+1. B)