House Price Crash Forum
thecrashingisles

House Prices To Soar By 16%

16002616.jpg

FFS. That's all we need, sellers seeing that and refusing to drop their prices for another 6 months. Volumes are going to remain on the floor I see!

16002594.jpg

Meanwhile in the Independent....... what does the media think is going to sustain house prices if a whole generation is not buying them, headlines?

The entire UK economy is built upon house prices - as we all know.

Perhaps we would all be better off becoming estate agents?

Yep. These days we just sell what we already own to each other using debt from China at ever higher prices and think thats growth.

People are going to get one hell of a shock when the Chinese call in their debts. Gordon Brown and his decade of debt and backward productivity has so much to answer for!

Methinks they've slightly cocked up. Soar by -16% over the coming year (in real terms) is on the cards, for sure.

:D

So long as "in real terms" means inline with wages.

Wait until the next Express headline on house prices - House prices to fall by 16%!

Hell will freeze over before the MSM get behind a crash.

Of course there is not the slightest hope of this headline being true. But it will prolong the delusion.

The problem is that EAs and sellers will see this.

At best, they will believe it and not hold off on dropping asking prices.

At worst, the feckers will ramp asking prices by that amount.

House Prices To Soar By 16% Long-awaited boost for homeowners

Funny hey :rolleyes:, so that's when petrol passes £2/L as inflation takes off in a big way :o .

Hell will freeze over before the MSM get behind a crash.

Of course there is not the slightest hope of this headline being true. But it will prolong the delusion.

Of course you're right about the MSM not getting behind a crash but there's been plenty of instances when the Express headline of house prices going up has been followed the next day or soon after by house prices going down likely just to sell papers.

And confusion is one of their games.

Edited by billybong

They mention a 'spiral of boom and bust' on the paper if my eyes serve me correctly.

When was this 'bust' in the property market they mention?

Perhaps the paper hired that stock picking chimpanzee and gets it to forecast the property market for their headlines.

i agree and i will be happy to give anyone £1 if they can guess how much money i have saved in my life by not buying this paper based on the fact that i am 40 (this paper is aimed at the lower classes.it's are like car sales man 'this is a reliable car buy it now and f++k you if it breaks down in a month or two)

Guest spp

You've got to love these think tanks -

“But the factors that will ­ultimately drive house prices up again are the loose monetary ­policy that will accompany the Government’s deficit reduction and the ability of banks to lend again on consumer-friendly terms as their own underlying financial position improves."

How much do they pay these chief executive think tankers?

Edit: printy, printy...inflate away!

Edited by spp

This rag sells 600,000 plus copies a day. I'm guessing at least four times that amount of people see the front page as it is displayed in every supermarket with the cover facing out.

Sadly, it is an opinion former, and is a disgrace.

i agree and i will be happy to give anyone £1 if they can guess how much money i have saved in my life by not buying this paper based on the fact that i am 40 (this paper is aimed at the lower classes.it's are like car sales man 'this is a reliable car buy it now and f++k you if it breaks down in a month or two)

]

Most people buying that paper do it for the sports supplement or the celebrity gossip and big colourful pictures, no?

I see a lot of women buying it.

I love the apparent precision in the figure given. It will be 16%.

15% is a wildly unsubstantiated desperately hopeful guess

16% is SCIENCE