House Price Crash Forum

Merv Claims 130K In Expenses

HOLA441

Merv can't afford £26

Mervyn King, Governor of the Bank of England, claimed a £26 senior railcard on expenses last year as part of a total bill tallying more than £130,000
The data also showed that the Bank spends almost a quarter of a million pounds a year on a car pool for its three most senior staff.

Mr King and his two deputies, Charlie Bean and Paul Tucker, last year each claimed expenses of around £19,000 every three months for the use of a "secure car"

well it's only befitting isn't it.

shouldn't he really be on performance related pay. B)

Edited by onesmallstep

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

The data also showed that the Bank spends almost a quarter of a million pounds a year on a car pool for its three most senior staff.

It would also be interesting to see how they manage to spend £1/4 million a year on that.

Edited by billybong

HOLA443
HOLA444

I believe most of it is travelling expenses.. still £130k is pretty impressive.

You'd have to make about 20 first class flights a year to rack up that much. Perhaps not that many for BoE governor.

Perhaps he should consider going business class!

HOLA445

Why the **** should he get rail cards on expenses when every other worker has to pay for them themselves?

I think most workers travelling on business would expect their transport costs covered.. perhaps not to the tune of £130k though!

HOLA446

You'd have to make about 20 first class flights a year to rack up that much. Perhaps not that many for BoE governor.

20 business class flights to USA will do it already. Can do it even faster if travelling first class.

HOLA447

What a C**t.

I've never really been bothered about MP expenses scandals etc but this really annoys me. The man who is 'allegedly' steering our country away from 'the brink' is essentially stealing from those whose interests he is (again allegedly) supposed to represent.

Like BTB say - why aren't more people annoyed by this to the point of revolution, or at least sacking him? Why isn't this reported more by the TPTB (I'm looking at you BBC)? Corruption, Corruption, Corruption.

Pfft, even if he was sacked he'd just get a f**k off sized pay off and then replaced by another puppet from Goldman or (insert other VI here).

:angry:

Edited by Mr 0.01%

HOLA448

Well the cost of travel sure is skyrocketting. If you don't ever have to pay for it yourself, you are inflation proofed - and of course will have absolutely no motivation to try and curb inflation, despite it being your actual job and all.

It's the same with high paid bankers who get paid enormous bonus when they manage to lose more money than actually physically exists. Of course, they're going to keep doing what they keep doing - it pays well to screw Britain.

Even the terrorists get it. You bomb Britain, and a few years later you'll be in a seat of power. It's a lesson we should all learn - screw Britain ;)

HOLA449

People who think these claims represent a lot of money are obviously people who don't ever spend money on expenses.

I spend about £15k a year on expenses and I'm an absolute nobody. I don't think £130k a year for the governor of the BOE sounds too bad.

HOLA4410

IT REALLY IS TIME FOR REVOLUTION I THINK,

I NEVR THOUGHT ID SAY IT BUT ITS LOOKING CLOSER BY THE DAY.....oops cap lock

Funny, I have been thinking along similar lines.

The government no longer represents the aspirations of the people they seek to govern.

The last time the government did that the chief executive lost his head and a reformer sorted things out.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Someone tell the troughing old c**t about Skype.

HOLA4416

He's not an MP. I am not aware of any reason that we shouldn't be confident that these expenses are simply reclaims of expenditure legitimately incurred in the course of his employment. Do posters really think he should pay for his own flights, his own hotels etc when he's travelling in in connection with his work? Do you think he enjoys being away from his home and family as much as he probably is?

Some people have jobs that require them to incur expenditure along the way. This thread and the many others like it are nothing but puerile envy driven nonsense. They do this place - which contains some smart people and informed discussions - no credit. Sorry, but that's the truth.

HOLA4417

He's not an MP. I am not aware of any reason that we shouldn't be confident that these expenses are simply reclaims of expenditure legitimately incurred in the course of his employment. Do posters really think he should pay for his own flights, his own hotels etc when he's travelling in in connection with his work? Do you think he enjoys being away from his home and family as much as he probably is?

Some people have jobs that require them to incur expenditure along the way. This thread and the many others like it are nothing but puerile envy driven nonsense. They do this place - which contains some smart people and informed discussions - no credit. Sorry, but that's the truth.

He also claimed for the cost of a new passport. These guys get a pretty decent salary + pension.

Not sure I'd have got away with a new passport, in the days I claimed "on expenses."

HOLA4418

I presume he never makes any personal journeys by rail, or if he does, he never uses his senior Railcard that was charged to expenses? If he only bought it to get discounts on rail travel he does for work..fine. If he profits from it for personal travel...not fine.

HOLA4419

He also claimed for the cost of a new passport. These guys get a pretty decent salary + pension.

Not sure I'd have got away with a new passport, in the days I claimed "on expenses."

Never would that be passed when I was paid international travel expenses, HMRC would not believe you are not using it for personal reasons as well surely?

HOLA4420

Perhaps he needs to have two passports in order to conduct his work. You can't mix entry stamps from Israel and certain Middle Eastern countries in one passport.

If he was travelling to pay his respects to his Zionist/Illuminati NWO masters after Bilderberg for example.... ;)

Edited by Tricksy

HOLA4421

They might be utterly incompetent and totally ruinous in running the UK's economy but hey when it comes to claiming their own expenses they're penny pinching experts and generous to themselves to a fault - all on the taxpayer.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4422

IT REALLY IS TIME FOR REVOLUTION I THINK,

I NEVR THOUGHT ID SAY IT BUT ITS LOOKING CLOSER BY THE DAY.....oops cap lock

Oh f off, you saw the response in here to when the students got off their ass and protested, the whining middle class Englanders were up in arms at the sight of people getting the slightest bit violent to get their aims.

Nope there will never be a revolution, far too many stuck up cowards in this country.

HOLA4423

this is very true, threads like this one just distract from the bigger picture. Our debt based monetary system run by the bank of england robs the taxpayer of billions (interest payments), who cares about the expenses of the governor, it's the whole bank that needs to go!

HOLA4424
HOLA4425