House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ungeared

Angry Hamilton Playing The Race Card?

Great Monaco GP. Spoilt by the red flag and the change of tires for Vettel and a lesser extent Alonso. As for Hamilton his driving was at times reckless and the comment later on was one of immaturity more than anything else

I thought his driving was poor when watching live but having looked back over the replays I'm not so sure. Massa turned into the hairpin about a car length too early then drove on the marbles and binned it. Attempted pass on Maldonado was basically the same as the one on Schumacher but Maldonado decided not to give any room; I think it was 50/50 - racing should be encouraged. His comments after the race where poor with a crass joke however many other drivers have said similar in heat of the moment.

I don't think anyone other than Vettel is going to win a championship any time soon. All the while Newey designs the cars and Mateshitz keeps the money flowing, the kid's unbeatable.

We spent some time in Monaco last week and all the drivers we saw looked glum, except Vettel, his confidence is sky high and he was bouncing around smiling, shaking hands, posing for pictures and signing autographs. Most of the others just ran and hid.

Given how he drove yesterday I'd have expected him to just lie low and keep his mouth shut.

His adventures with Massa in the tunnel were pure lunacy

given what happened to Rosberg and Perez on it's bumpy exit, and then to cap it off he went and trashed what looked like the only decent day of the season for the Williams team.

Are you sure about that statement?

Hamilton was no where near Massa when he crashed, Massa got on the 'marbles' rubber and took himself into the wall!

Hammi is definate being selected by the stewards for being a natural racer, do they want a procession around Monaco?

I well remember Schue deliberately take out Damon Hill and others, did he get penalised? Certainly not,

Ferrari and their drivers can do no wrong with the FIA (Ferrari International Assistance),

but a British team (McLaren), and driver can do nothing right! It's always a Ferrari benefit!

Monaco is no longer a suitable location for modern day F1 cars, how many chances do you have to overtake around there.

Without racers like Lewis and Webber F1 would be finished (especially with 'drivers' like Massa).

Ferrari and their drivers can do no wrong with the FIA (Ferrari International Assistance),

but a British team (McLaren), and driver can do nothing right! It's always a Ferrari benefit!

That's not fair.

Ferrari spent thirteen (I think) years in the wilderness and it was only when Schumacher joined, motivated the team and brought in Ross Brawn that their fortunes reversed. I have never been nationalistic towards motorsport, drivers I've favoured over the years have been of many nationalities, but I've always had a soft spot for Ferrari :).

That's not fair.

Ferrari spent thirteen (I think) years in the wilderness and it was only when Schumacher joined, motivated the team and brought in Ross Brawn that their fortunes reversed. I have never been nationalistic towards motorsport, drivers I've favoured over the years have been of many nationalities,

but I've always had a soft spot for Ferrari :).

Much like the FIA then! :P

He may not have caused the danger, but he didn't help, basically ensuring that Massa had to stay on the dirty side in the tunnel - I just had memories of Sato in 2002 and it was clear that the cars have outgrown the circuit to some extent. One improvement that might work would be disabling DRS for Monaco only - as it ensures that cars once within a second gap can basically sit right behind the leading car with few drivers capable of then getting ahead, which formed the snake of cars that led to the red flag incident. I'm all for the better racers out there, and I'd go for Hamilton over Button every time but Hamilton really doesn't seem to cope with things not going his way, starting down the field for instance.

http://www.123video.nl/playvideos.asp?MovieID=693524

Hamilton was behind massa when he decided to go left onto the marbles not along side. It was all Massa's own doing.

So I take it that the bloke who always wins won then? You know the one I mean - the one who always starts In pole position, who was in pole position.

Disappointed I missed it - massively exciting sport. You never know what's going to happen.

lewis has just apologized on twitter. IMHO F1 would be a much better sport if everyone drove/raced propertly like lewis. Lewis made the monico race, it would have been dull without him. Imagine if everyone had raced rather than jusst going round in circles.... Lewis is a HUGE fan of senna (hence the yellow helmet), and has a similar driving style, he drives it on the edge and takes every chance...

IMHO atm the best drivers are clearly Lewis, and Vettel who are as good as each other... alonso is a close third. It was clearly a joke, but an honest dig at the boring other drivers who don't have the drive to race as hard....

So I take it that the bloke who always wins won then? You know the one I mean - the one who always starts In pole position, who was in pole position.

Disappointed I missed it - massively exciting sport. You never know what's going to happen.

+1

One of the best things to come out of the 2008 economic crisis were the spending restrictions in F1 which briefly opened up the races and made the sport watchable for a season or two. Now it has reverted back to type becoming a form of TV Mogadon that actually manages to make snooker look exciting.

I used to feel the same way about F1 a few years back then I took an interest and really got into it. I think you have to be interested in the technical aspects of it such as reading up about various updates to the cars before the weekend and how they might improve the car on certain parts of the track etc. Same as most things really once you take an interest it becomes interesting.

It has been dull as sh*t for years though... if it was ever exciting ...

Oh when it rained at Brazil a few years back and there were loads of crashes...

but cos they are all so frightened of overtaking it's dull..

It has been dull as sh*t for years though... if it was ever exciting ...

There used to be some entertainment in hearing Murray Walker getting over-excited.

Monaco is a joke circuit in an increasingly pointless sport. With DRS and KERS the whole thing looks like some spastic PS3 game gone wrong.

That's my feeling about them. They're so artificial. If there weren't any rules about when they can be used then they would be a valid contribution. It long ago ceased to be a sport to try to become a spectacle, and that's all anyone involved in running it is interested in.

There used to be some entertainment in hearing Murray Walker getting over-excited.

That's my feeling about them. They're so artificial. If there weren't any rules about when they can be used then they would be a valid contribution. It long ago ceased to be a sport to try to become a spectacle, and that's all anyone involved in running it is interested in.

The real stars of F1 are the engineers. Sometimes they build a car so superior that they could hire a 'rock ape' to drive it, put the seat in backwards, give him a mirror to see where he's going and he'll still win :P.